Author Topic: How many of your games are playable right now ?  (Read 10024 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: How many of your games are playable right now ?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
All are playable except Pinball Pool which is in pieces, waiting to be finished.. the cab has been sitting there ready for stenciling for the last almost 12 months  ^&^
Or should i say they are playable but i have to move the crap that's stacked on a few of them in order to play them  :lol

A few others are in the resto queue but are set up until i get to them;

Stellar wars.. pf resto
Cosmic Princess.. full resto
Black Pyramid.. pf resto
and Hot Hand.. full resto

All the above work but have minor issues that will be dealt with come resto time  *%*

Offline Blktgr74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »
I have 5 playable and 2 awaiting some love. Jungle lord needs new boards and a new coil everything else is done and Selen Cup needs the second playfield to be rewired.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »
5 out of 6 at the moment, thanks to the PPCR crew. GI, DD, SS, HH and whatever the acronym for Monopoly is  !@#
1 x EM ( 2001 ) getting restored by me  @@*
and 1 x EM ( Surf Champ ) getting restored for me and can't wait, come on NINO  %.%
Life is good  $#$
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 11:18:19 PM »
All are playable except Pinball Pool which is in pieces, waiting to be finished.. the cab has been sitting there ready for stenciling for the last almost 12 months  ^&^

Pinball Pool, it looks like an interesting machine. What's it like as a player when all working?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
Everyone of my machines work.   When i start pulling apart Phoenix - 1978, it will be the only one getting restore treatment.

Doesnt mean to say I wont look at some resto work on some others n add some bling etc down the track.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GAP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 11:35:29 PM »
17 out of 19 playable.
Centaur II and High Seas are stripped apart undergoing restorations.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 11:47:10 PM »
All are playable except Pinball Pool which is in pieces, waiting to be finished.. the cab has been sitting there ready for stenciling for the last almost 12 months  ^&^

Pinball Pool, it looks like an interesting machine. What's it like as a player when all working?

A lot of people rate it as one of the better sys1 Gtbs. I really like how when you hit one drop target on one side, the corresponding target on the opposite side drops automatically.. really cool game  *%*

Looks like i might be getting a break from doing pin restores for other people soon, so i might actually get a chance to start working on it again!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:50:47 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »
3 out of 3 Pinballs playable
0 out of 2 Gun Games playable
0 out of 1 Driving Cab playable
2 out of 5 Arcade cabs playable

Hmmm, maybe i should stick to pinball...... %.%

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 12:12:17 AM »
All are playable except Pinball Pool which is in pieces, waiting to be finished.. the cab has been sitting there ready for stenciling for the last almost 12 months  ^&^
Or should i say they are playable but i have to move the crap that's stacked on a few of them in order to play them  :lol

A few others are in the resto queue but are set up until i get to them;

Stellar wars.. pf resto
Cosmic Princess.. full resto
Black Pyramid.. pf resto
and Hot Hand.. full resto

All the above work but have minor issues that will be dealt with come resto time  *%*

I forgot Galaxy.. its in DESPERATE need of a pf resto or its gonna be stuffed  !!! can't stop playing it lately, its bloody addictive  *%*

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »

A lot of people rate it as one of the better sys1 Gtbs. I really like how when you hit one drop target on one side, the corresponding target on the opposite side drops automatically.. really cool game  *%*

Looks like i might be getting a break from doing pin restores for other people soon, so i might actually get a chance to start working on it again!!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a big fan of the Gtb system 1 machines, never met one I haven't liked!

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:22 AM »
Four out of the five are playable and at least one of them gets played every day.

One of them doesn't need any work (excluding some TLC), whereas the others all need a little bit of resto to varying degrees.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 07:56:42 AM »
87% working 100% for me.  The remaining 13% are playable but have issues.

It bugs the crap out of me having non working machines sitting around.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a big fan of the Gtb system 1 machines, never met one I haven't liked!

I am guessing you haven't met Dragon yet then!!

There are some really top games -

Joker Poker
Countdown
Asteroid Annie
Pinball Pool
Sinbad
Genie

But it drops off a bit after that in my opinion.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »

I am guessing you haven't met Dragon yet then!!

There are some really top games -

Joker Poker
Countdown
Asteroid Annie
Pinball Pool
Sinbad
Genie

But it drops off a bit after that in my opinion.

No haven't met Dragon yet Nick. There's one in every family though isn't there  %.%
For a simple looking game your old Asteroid Annie is awesome. She's a real looker too which never hurts. I even enjoy Hulk which I've heard some find difficult to get into. I'd love a Buck Rodgers one day too. Purely for the theme and looks but that's half the magic isn't it. In my opinion the most stunning is Genie though. I've only played this one on the iPad but very much look forward to playing the real thing.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 08:53:26 PM »
One out of six not working, which is my Zaccaria Time Machine, it is giving me the shits, i must have another go at fault finding the CPU.

LOl- Zaccaria logic will do your head in.... the logic is all interlinked .. dont give up though, youll get there eventually unless of course youve had acid damage, in which case just do yourself a favour and buy a Homepin replacement

Trouble is i went through the board and cleaned the acid damage, the game worked great for months, then i went to play it one day and it wouldnt boot