Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 69036 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
I can't see a Hendrix pinny selling in big numbers. Would be a flop as far as sales go IMO.

I would buy one that is all that matters!
Pinball will die a slow death with us anyway so bring on a music title that really matters to me.
 ^^^

Email Stern and demand a Hendrix pinball.

Surely you can pick one out of AC/DC, Metallica, GnR, RS..... %.% or god help you, KISS.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
I can't see a Hendrix pinny selling in big numbers. Would be a flop as far as sales go IMO.

Pinball will die a slow death with us anyway so bring on a music title that really matters to me.
 ^^^

Surely you can pick one out of AC/DC, Metallica, GnR, RS..... %.%

I would prefer that they didn't make it to be honest.
Two boat anchors there already from stern, hope metallica redeems them as it looks epic and the less said about gnr the better.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
Jimi plays Monterey - a must see doco/movie for anyone who loves Hendrix.
I am also a HUGE Hendrix fan - I reckon he had more talent than half these bands put together.

Purple Haze LE - Pinball (would sell well I reckon, espescially in the USA where he is still an icon all these years later)
Rock me Baby - Premium - Pinball
Jimmi Hendrix Experience - Pro

Imagine a jukebox with 12 cool songs. I reckon it might just sell extremely well. If Metallica can sell well, why not JH.
The dude below can do the artwork.lol  A definite must watch, It never gets old, very very cool.

I think once Metallica comes out, people will start to think about a lot more music pinny options.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »

^^^

Surely you can pick one out of AC/DC, Metallica, GnR, RS..... %.%

I would prefer that they didn't make it to be honest.
Two boat anchors there already from stern, hope metallica redeems them as it looks epic and the less said about gnr the better.

You're a tough man to please with pins

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »
Well I've deposited for a Metallica LE but would also go for a Jimi pin. ACDC? Nup!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »

[/quote]

You're a tough man to please with pins
[/quote]

And musos/bands too.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2013, 07:20:46 PM »
Well I've deposited for a Metallica LE but would also go for a Jimi pin. ACDC? Nup!

Congrats mop le looks the goods for sure.
 ^^^

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2013, 08:33:39 PM »

Congrats mop le looks the goods for sure.
 ^^^

Thanks man. Scary and exciting at the same time. Exciting that i've never bought a NIB before. Scary because I've never spent that much on a pin.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks man. Scary and exciting at the same time. Exciting that i've never bought a NIB before. Scary because I've never spent that much on a pin.
[/quote]

Can't put a price on that feeling, the waiting, wondering and delivery. It's better than good, it's great!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2013, 09:38:16 PM »
Well done hashman acdc was my first NIB and the wait kills you but once it's sitting infront of you ready to be opened is Awsome

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »

Yep well done Dave! Nothing like opening your own NIB!

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »
I was thinking about an earlier comment I made about hoping that they have the full songs in the game.
They wouldn't have a list of the songs that are in it if they weren't going to play them in full would they?
I'm pretty sure that Stern didn't release what songs Rolling Stones was going to have in it.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2013, 02:28:38 AM »
I was thinking about an earlier comment I made about hoping that they have the full songs in the game.
They wouldn't have a list of the songs that are in it if they weren't going to play them in full would they?
I'm pretty sure that Stern didn't release what songs Rolling Stones was going to have in it.

excellent point.  *%*

would it matter if it was done the same as say ACDC. I mean the format works, the jukebox works, the radio in attract mode works, why not have the software identical to ACDC when it comes to the music side of things. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I can sort of predict the future.lol
Its the same as ACDC - some complain
Its not the same as ACDC - some complain

Who wants it exactly like ACDC and who wants it totally not like ACDC and Why ??  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
I think the full song format is EXCELLENT and hope it is carried over into Metallica.
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2013, 07:37:51 AM »
2nd premium photos just released, info from Pingame Journal

"April 18, 2013 - METALLICA "DONNY" PREMIUM VERSION RELEASED! After the server-crashing success of Metallica and the record setting sellout of the Master of Puppets limited edition, Stern has JUST released a SECOND premium version of the game.

The press release explanation of the game is below:

The initial release of Metallica pinball captured the attention of gamers and fans alike. Stern sold out of both the US and International allocations of its 500 Limited Edition (“LE”) games within an hour of each respective customer announcement.

The second Premium edition machine features the vibrant artwork of Dirty Donny Gillies and complement’s Stern’s Metallica LE, “Road Case” Premium and Pro models.

The new Premium edition Metallica game boasts the same action-packed features as the Road Case Premium model and highlights the addition of Dirty Donny’s radical pop art creations. Dirty Donny is considered one of the most influential artists in the pop culture scenes of underground rock, punk and heavy metal. He is widely known for his creative work on concert posters, album covers and vinyl toys.

“Stern Pinball has pulled out all the stops for the Metallica machines,” said Dirty Donny. “Creating artwork for this special release game has been awesome. I can’t wait to see people’s reactions when they take a first look at it and get to play the game.”

For a glimpse of the game in action, Stern Pinball will be showcasing the Metallica pinball machine at Comic-Con International in San Diego this year with Nuclear Blast Records.

The Metallica game continues both the Stern Pinball and the Stern family tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to Philadelphia in the 1930s when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam Stern subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry. Sam passed his lifelong enthusiasm for the game and the business of pinball to his son Gary Stern who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of America’s favorite pastimes. "

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts