Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55141 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #480 on: May 13, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
here is another new video from GAP - glass off, playing game in the dark and different song - somehow the song playing makes it seem slow

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #481 on: May 13, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
Needs more code the call outs are horrible, I always wondered how Metallica would go with pinball.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
Needs more code the call outs are horrible, I always wondered how Metallica would go with pinball.

Peter

Yeah I agree with the call outs, hopefully they will improve over time. The game also needs some cool modes in the code imo to stand it apart from other band pins.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2013, 04:15:53 PM »
I found that music relaxing actually, then if u get a faster song, it amps u up more etc and mixes things up.

Its early days with the code, much like ACDC was, then the updates with code just keep coming which will make it better n better.

Loving the sparky toy and the snake head plus all the DMD annimations. Going to be a great machine I reckon for sure.

Anyone else decided to buy one in any form, Pro, Premium 1 or 2, LE etc ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »
Pro is in the ute right now and I leave work in 30 minutes  #@#

I was advised there is code being released mostly every Tuesday up ahead ( not sure how accurate that will be ) but the game 'feels good' to play at the moment - obviously no-one knows how 'developed' the code is or isnt at this very early stage. I love code updates and they can do as many as they like , for as long as it takes IMO.

Overall it looks killer and I hope it will be a very good game.
It's amazing how music can ADD to a game - I threw on Seek and Destory for one game and it just felt excellent to play along with.

Apparently 100% of the Saturday players at AMD gave it an almighty thumbs up - including some of the better competitive players here in Sydney.
I think the LE will be something VERY special
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Enjoy Wotto, you are going to have fun tonight  ^^^ #*# $#$

With Saturday's session I saw RGR post on pinside that it was the best music pin ever and best Stern game since LOTR
https://www.facebook.com/AustralianPinballLeague?fref=ts

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »
Enjoy Wotto, you are going to have fun tonight  ^^^ #*# $#$
But the Season final of survivor is on - WHAT a dilemma   :lol
No I aint joking -  #@#

With Saturday's session I saw RGR post on pinside that it was the best music pin ever and best Stern game since LOTR
https://www.facebook.com/AustralianPinballLeague?fref=ts

I saw that too and thought it was an almighty call to make early , but he is the number 1 ranked player in Oz and has a LOT of gameplay on a load of games under his belt so I took it as a VERY good sign
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »
Well done Wotto.

Cant wait to see your Metallica photos n videos !  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #488 on: May 13, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
I'll wait and play one in person at TZ before I decide if i'll buy one. 

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #489 on: May 13, 2013, 05:47:29 PM »
Spoke with Michael at AMD this arvo  regarding some parts and he told me that Saturday's launch went well with over 100 people sampling tthe new pin.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »
Hey Wotto, how was survivor  %.%, interested to hear your thoughts on the game play.

Any chance you can post a scan of the playfield from the manual to help us get a feel for the playfield design who are interested.

cheers

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
Spoke with Michael at AMD this arvo  regarding some parts and he told me that Saturday's launch went well with over 100 people sampling tthe new pin.

Wow great turn out.

Peter

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2013, 11:05:02 AM »
Hahahaha – Survivor – as usual – was CRACKING !
And the person I wanted to win – did ( no spoilers here )

Initial thoughts – Good and “not so good as yet”........bear in mind I have played around 20 games so far – thats all

The Good ( and some of this has already been stated around the planet so excuse me repeating anything )

The ramps feel excellent ( in regards to shooting ) and obviously help to make the game feel flowy.
There is a sweet orbit shot that MAY (?) run both ways ( more on this in the ‘not so good as yet”  observations later however )
There are combos already available from ramps ( and I think the orbit )
The artwork is fantastic, colourful and PLENTIFUL.
Cabinet artwork appears to be very decent quality as well
The model, character of Sparky is outstanding and appears to be very decent quality – the already reported good lightshow and ‘other thing that happens’ for the start of Sparky Multiball IS very good
Some of the shots are tighter than what they appear to be in images seen so far – I will explain.....It appears that Sparky is SIMPLE to hit when you look at PF images, however from the right flipper it feels tight , it isn’t SUPER TOUGH , just not AS easy as images make it appear.
The shot to Snake isn’t as easy as it looks and you need to nail the shot for the ball to stay in there – the ‘whiplash’ effect out is very fast.
A shot into the Mystery hole starts an animation and you can get the ball out of the hole quickly using the flippers if you don’t want to wait.
The animations are very very good as have been seen many times on the internet already.
LOVING the inline drops, as I am sure many others will  – you have to drop them and then hit the cross twice which then locks the ball for 2 ball multiball – wondering how a RED led would look in the cross already.
Love the location of the nearly impossible to hit FUEL target on the farmost left that returns to the left inlanes.
The LEFT outlane is TOUGH and a drainer ( could adjust this )
There is plenty of various Multiball available

The ‘Not so good as yet”

On a game that has GREAT artwork – they left a big bank white ‘coffin’ in the middle of the playfield where the coffin lights are ( I know this is only on the PRO and thats what I bought , it just looks ‘strange’ amongst all the great artwork)  – SURELY they could have put a decent decal in this location.

The top divertor post that is UP when the ball is launched is fine for ball launch and forces the ball back into the top lanes – great – HOWEVER........it tends to STAY UP in general gameplay and when you shoot a LEFT orbit the ball hits the UP post and dribbles back down the left side of the game ...........I am advised this should change in code updates. You can turn it off in settings but it makes it difficult to get the ball to stop up at the top lanes if you do that.

Sparky’s voice – I am 100% sure this could and will annoy people – it is VERY high pitched and ‘screechy’ – but is does suit the little dude somehow.

Unknown if good or bad at this stage.

The band member voices – I am OK with them , but wonder if in time I will tire of being told ‘great frickin shot’ – unsure.
Again this could be possibly turned off in the settings as I saw a setting where you could turn some voices off ( or similar – I could be mistaken )

The music – you start with a song of your choice and play the game with THAT song playing , as you achieve different multiballs the song changes into the song for that Multiball, then once drained and back to one ball the game reverts to the song you chose originally, I am unsure if you will be able to change songs somehow via choice or via an award down the track a little.

That’s about all I have for now – I wont be home tonight and have a busy week ahead so may not get any decent time on it until Sunday at this stage to be honest.
Overall it appears to be exactly what people are saying – a VEY VERY good ‘package’ and value for money.
I believe the LE version of this game will be absolutely outstanding.
DW Drums rule !

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »
The music – you start with a song of your choice and play the game with THAT song playing , as you achieve different multiballs the song changes into the song for that Multiball, then once drained and back to one ball the game reverts to the song you chose originally, I am unsure if you will be able to change songs somehow via choice or via an award down the track a little.

After viewing some videos of late, i found this to be quite irritating - i guess that's what's expected for a music pinnie?

Thanks for the write up Wotto.
SC.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #494 on: May 14, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »

After viewing some videos of late, i found this to be quite irritating - i guess that's what's expected for a music pinnie?

Thanks for the write up Wotto.

I should add that ( from memory ) the song change slowly fades in / out , so it isnt like its a 'clunky change' - eg you are in general play and ( say ) Seek and Destroy is running , you then achieve ( say ) Multiball at the drops Seek Destory fades out , then and Master of Puppets slowly fades in and starts as your multiball is getting ready to start and plays until you drain m/ball and the reverse fade happens back to Seek & Destoy.

What I would like is the option to do on longer games is to ‘come back’ to a different song maybe.

The code is young with numerous updates ahead apparently so you never know what will come – I mean truly none of us REALLY know the ruleset properly at this stage – so maybe you have to complete certain tasks and the song change will be available etc – dunno yet
DW Drums rule !