Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 63467 times)

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #525 on: May 17, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
 $!&
Any updates if Timezone Gold Coast has their 2 Metallica pros set up yet?

Haven't heard anything yet, will update as soon as I do, might even drop in on the weekend

Edit: sometime next week according to their Facebook page
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:18:03 PM by Replay »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #526 on: May 17, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »
Stern knows its customers don't mind waiting a little for the code updates

They dont have much choice in the matter and Stern seem to release less and less finished code each time.. but hey.. buyers are falling over themselves to get a game first up and will willingly buy  on title alone, before any artwork or even game play is released.. for the life of me, i cannot understand this at all..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #527 on: May 17, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
People are doing this because Stern are producing top notch games now, one after another.

Some people are paying deposits on machines sight unseen, knowing they can move from a LE to a Premium or to a Stern Pro incase they change their mind, or just get a refund or move the deposit to the next upcoming title. Its the best way to secure a LE if that's what the buyer really wants.
There are some pretty enthusiastic Stern collectors out there now.

I expect some people will do their best to collect JJP titles one after the other as well.
Look at the Hobitt, nothing released and people have payed up etc. Because of refunds, it makes it a worthwhile choice for some to do this.

I am dying to see Star Trek from Stern. This should be a big seller as well. I expect LE models to be all sold out 10 minutes after release etc. I am putting down a deposit on one so I don't miss out well well ahead of time, and if I don't like the LE, will move the deposit to another variant.
Exciting times ahead. Hoping prices do not move anywhere for the next 12 to 18 months.....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #528 on: May 17, 2013, 10:05:07 PM »
here is a 15 minute video of Lyman Sheats playing the Metallica Pro

utoplay=1&rel=0

Only problem with the video to watch is that a PRO, being Lyman is playing and he was as a little boring to watch, calculating his shots too much for my liking.
Random fast play is what I want to see, showing METALLICA going off like a frog in a sock!  %.%
I still like the way it looks and sounds but get a newbie to play it and show their reactions to the speed and flow. Better still I can not wait to give her a whirl myself.
STERN are definitely on the right track with this title, having original(COOL) art and some great features(WANK  !!@ FACTOR).
Maybe they really did need a kick up the arse from upcoming Pinball Manufacturers, we all win.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2013, 03:01:12 AM »
Stern knows its customers don't mind waiting a little for the code updates

They dont have much choice in the matter and Stern seem to release less and less finished code each time.. but hey.. buyers are falling over themselves to get a game first up and will willingly buy  on title alone, before any artwork or even game play is released.. for the life of me, i cannot understand this at all..

So very very true +1

I am a Stern customer and like many other Stern customers I really don't like waiting for code updates that much at all, in fact I am pretty sick of them releasing bare bones code in games, I consider it a bit of a slap in the face actually. It has stopped me from buying nib again because I have NO way of knowing if a game with a theme that I like will turn out the way I want it too.
But as long as people are hyped up enough to buy these things without completed code after viewing a few videos and some pics there is no way Stern will pick their act up, so in reality we as pinball owners/players only have ourselves to blame, if we voted with our wallets and didn't fall for this hyped up form of trickery there would be no problem.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #530 on: May 18, 2013, 03:08:02 AM »
here is a 15 minute video of Lyman Sheats playing the Metallica Pro

utoplay=1&rel=0

Only problem with the video to watch is that a PRO, being Lyman is playing and he was as a little boring to watch, calculating his shots too much for my liking.
Random fast play is what I want to see, showing METALLICA going off like a frog in a sock!  %.%
I still like the way it looks and sounds but get a newbie to play it and show their reactions to the speed and flow. Better still I can not wait to give her a whirl myself.
STERN are definitely on the right track with this title, having original(COOL) art and some great features(WANK  !!@ FACTOR).
Maybe they really did need a kick up the arse from upcoming Pinball Manufacturers, we all win.

That video of Lymonade playing Metallica dead set put me to sleep.
I have no interest in watching people trap and hold over and over only to miss most of the shots, I hate that style of playing. Don't trap and hold for half a month while you make a cuppa! Go with the flow, get in and smash it up and let it rip!
 (((

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #531 on: May 18, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »
All the top players play in that style. Ball control is everything in obtaining a decent score.
Lyman hit the shots he aimed for most of the time and perhaps the misdirected ones show that this title has a couple of difficult shots.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #532 on: May 18, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »
All the top players play in that style. Ball control is everything in obtaining a decent score.
Lyman hit the shots he aimed for most of the time and perhaps the misdirected ones show that this title has a couple of difficult shots.

Boring and lame, not top players in my book if that is what they do to get points.
 *%*

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #533 on: May 18, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »

Boring and lame, not top players in my book if that is what they do to get points.
 *%*

they should introduce a setting for a 1-2 sec max time hold on the flippers and then they drop and then see how people go, but agree with CC
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #534 on: May 18, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »
what about a competition that is based on ball times in play, or total game play time, with no trapping allowed at all.

u could even have point score games back as well, but no trapping allowed. makes for a much more fun and entertaining
game for both player and the watching public.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #535 on: May 18, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »

*%*

they should introduce a setting for a 1-2 sec max time hold on the flippers and then they drop and then see how people go, but agree with CC

+1, makes the game more exciting, otherwise it is like watching or playing a union game with just penalty goals.
 (((

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #536 on: May 18, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
they should introduce a setting for a 1-2 sec max time hold on the flippers and then they drop and then see how people go.

What a GREAT idea  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
for anyone interested LE playfield design - check the subway for the hammer magnet, and coffin, to the mystery hole

and also notice the underneath surface mount led boards
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:52:21 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #538 on: May 19, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »
Some LED work done with the bulbs I had on hand already and some blades installed - for those interested.
Also - I have a shaker installed in this PRO and I reckon it shakes more with the new code - OR maybe I am just getting better ball time and noticing it more  !@#

I used 4 x BLUE frosted and 2 x GREG BERRY massive superbright special whites on the backboard
Blue in the GI in the far rear corners
RED in the GI behind the Grave Marker Cross

I tried ORANGE under the side plastics and it yelloewd them, as it did in the orange inserts so I left them incandescant

Obviously purple in the return lanes
Purple at Sparky's feet
Blue in the large 'electric switch' inserts at each shot.
RED at the FUEL target inserts - that doesnt show up well in these pics

Some way to go but its a start and already looks sweet.
Mirrors are TIGHT !

DW Drums rule !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #539 on: May 19, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »
That looks great with the leds and the blades.

^^^