Author Topic: Wottos Pinballs - down later this year.......  (Read 506 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Wottos Pinballs - down later this year.......
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Hi all

I have not updated my site for AGES now and I have kept it on the web for people to enjoy with our current ISP, even though our family has been harping me for 2+ years to change ISP's I have retained KOOEE so that my site remains available for pinheads.

I will , later this year around May/June, be changing my ISP and therefore changing my email and losing my current ISP webspace.

Life has changed a lot the last few years and I do not have the time to rebuild it all , changing all the page names , links etc etcand then uploading and testing at a new server and therefore it wont be going back up on the net.  For any of you that don't know about this stuff it can take dozens/ hundreds of hours to create web pages /web sites etc, time I just dont have and dont have the desire to make these days.

I have had literally hundreds, probably more,of positive and thankful comments over the years abut my site from around the globe and I thank everyone for all the good emails about my site. Restore methods have WAY WAY moved forward since I was tinkering with the older games 10+ years ago anyway , so I also feel that some of my old 'handyman' methods ( all that was available at THAT time ) are now null and void anyway.

I also wont be doing any future web design work or artwork - apart from stuff for my own games and maybe a few custom instruction cards etc.
Pinball has changed, I have changed to the point where these days I personally MUCH prefer the newer , faster , deeper games and I want to PLAY them 95% of the time rather than fiddle with them, restore them etc. Of course I still , and always will, respect the older SS games but they just dont 'do it for me' anymore form a playability point of view as far as ownership goes.

So please - lets not do the typical pinball hobby thinking thing and think this is a dummy spit - I want it to be clear that it is not that.
My family needs a better ISP and I have held back as long as I can / want to , on top of that I just truly dont have time to devote to it anymore.

Site will remain around until later this year  - at least until June when uor current SWPL league finishes up for 2013
I will run SWPL League info via Facebook for the 2014 Comp.
I will advise all the guys close to me of my new email address when the time comes.

I aint looking for accolades etc - just giving the hobby a heads up that this is coming to an end shortly
Thanks all

Wotto
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wottos Pinballs - down later this year.......
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:13:05 PM »
Good post mate. 

Your pinball web site is great. I have looked at it dozens of times and have enjoyed the pages.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
Any way of taking your website content and placing it into the public domain ( like what happened when Clay removed pinrepair)?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »
great site Wotto and totally understand the move to the next chapter in life, enjoy and thanks for the info and help that you offered via your site.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
Sad to see it go Wotto but I fully understand.  I always wondered you got to the time to do it in the first place. 

Give it time mate, I reckon you rekindle that love for SS machines in the future, they are my fav at the moment although that new Metallica machine of yours will be hard to beat.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
Sad to see it go.

:tumble:

End of a great era.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
Circa 2004..

Get to work, jump on the PC, check out RGP and then visit Wotto's Pinball Restoration site.

Rinse and repeat every day.. until..

THERE'S AN UPDATE - Cool. Spend every spare minute of the day checking out the new stuff..

Back then I thought Wotto was the only SERIOUS restorer in the country, and I shot off an email one day to him "Kudos on your website".. The rest is history..

I know how you feel mate - time to ENJOY playing with your machines. I know you have found happiness in the new games and I would like to take the opportunity to publicly THANK YOU for your contribution to the hobby for such a long time.

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »
You have been a big help to a lot of people over the years including me, cheers for the heads up, will have to check your site out again before it is down  ^^^

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
+1 to all of the above.

I remember stumbling across Wottos site when i was chasing a few reference photos for a virtual pinball project.
I was blown away by his Funhouse restoration/documentation - the detail and finish of the project was just amazing.

His site led me to sign up here; and, after seeing more of his brilliant work along with MartyJ's Funhouse (another incredible example) I just had to own one too.

Thank you for the documentation and presentation of this information Wotto. Your website truly reflects what pinball ownership, restoration and appreciation is all about.

#*# #*# #*#

Tim

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
+2 to all of the above.

I too stumbled across Wotto's website years ago long before AP existed, and remember thinking it was the best pinball website from an Australian collector/enthusiast hands down  ^^^ ^^^

End of an era for sure when he shuts it down.. i too will have to revisit his site before its closed for good  *%*