Author Topic: USA Travel Thread - The Bert and Wotto show begins - for anyone interested.....  (Read 12559 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
WHAT A NIGHTMARE 48hours we had !

Let me just say REALLY bad turbulence, baby next to us on plane which is always terrific when your are already peaking about the bumps and stuff , BAD  landings for me at least  - the one into JFk the dude kept wobbling the thing from side to side even as low as 50 metres off the ground - it was pretty average.

Phone card failed when we arrived so I couldn’t contact the drivers and the unit owner where we were booked .

Go to the luggage belt - mine appears, Kaylas doesn't ( remember she is 18YO female with all her stuff GONE in her mind ) LOST LUGGAGE for 36 hours, so we couldnt enjoy ourselves as it was constantly on our minds and I had to 'stay calm as she was PEAKING about it not ever showing up , so to try and not stress the hell out of this trip I remained positive for her - in the end it just got it 2 hours ago and we have been here a day and a half !

All of the above on top of the ( expected ) ZERO sleep for over 24 hours made it hard to NOT lose it mentally.

OMFG – NOTHING ELSE could have gone wrong.
Well we have to dodge the MILLIONS of people and the ones that spit near you are the ones I really like the best !

ANYWAY ...............today we went to the top of the Empire State Building.
No one spits on you up here at least

STINGING for a coffee we hit Starbucks, one of the 9786 outlets here in NHC.
The US citizens really love my accent and nasally voice - look it's Mark.....
Well almost ......
Next time I am going to give the name at Starbucks James Bond and wait till they call THAT out .

We walked the stores along 5th Ave - of course I entered all the million dollar glitz places like in my best Aussie get up.
The Apple Store is a little intense - they said it was an average/ slow day.

Its a glass box on the street that you go down under.

Went to Midtown Comics on the way back looking for figures - these were too big - but AWESOME if you were into collecting this type of stuff.

I also found the perfect topper for you WOZ owners - yes its the Dorothy WACKY WOBBLER

After all this we were pretty peckish - I said Kayla I really feel like some Rice Krispie Treats, she found some.

I felt like a sweet desert - 'any Gummy Bears" I yelled out , Kayla says bad luck Dad, they are down to thier last one only.....

And now look fella's - all you Spiderman pinball owners out there - I found you a MUST have accessory for when playing your machine , I mean how much cooler can you get .....

Just like her dad , here is Kayla doing the Aussies abroad proud in the middle of the shop , the funny thing is that while we in in FRICKING STITCHES taking these photos here, no one looked twice at us ......

Off to dinner shortly ,  I will have a steak but ask them to get someone from the street to spit on it first, should be hard to find someone

More soon guys.....
DW Drums rule !