Author Topic: Know of any Gogar Backglass's  (Read 486 times)

Offline bozza91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Know of any Gogar Backglass's
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:04:28 PM »
After a long term without a backglass, its time for me to get on the case to find one for my Gorgar machine.
Only issue is, i cant find one. i can get a hold of Mayfair in the US, but they wont ship one overseas to here. which i can understand...
Does anyone on here deal with them and are able to receive shipments? Or just maybe do you have a spare backglass sitting in your shed, you might save me from many more hours on photoshop. Has anyone ever reproduced their own backglass from hi res scans etc?
Cheers dudes
James

Offline wiredoug

• Forum Posts:
  • Werribee Vic
Re: Know of any Gogar Backglass's
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
perhaps get an account with shipito.com and ship mylar one via there?

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
After a long term without a backglass, its time for me to get on the case to find one for my Gorgar machine.
Only issue is, i cant find one. i can get a hold of Mayfair in the US, but they wont ship one overseas to here. which i can understand...
Does anyone on here deal with them and are able to receive shipments? Or just maybe do you have a spare backglass sitting in your shed, you might save me from many more hours on photoshop. Has anyone ever reproduced their own backglass from hi res scans etc?
Cheers dudes
James

If you can find a way I might be interested in splitting the freight cost with you.
I have been after one for a while now.

Offline bozza91

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:57 PM »
Yeah sure id be interested in doing that. As far as i know you cant get Mylar ones of old machines, would be so good if you could. But yeah the problem is they dont want to ship glass as its possibly gonna break :(

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »
 I dont know if Gavs seen this post but he can make some B/G      send him a PM        Howzat

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
Yeah sure id be interested in doing that. As far as i know you cant get Mylar ones of old machines, would be so good if you could. But yeah the problem is they dont want to ship glass as its possibly gonna break :(
Probably the best bet would getting them in a container with some machines.
That way you could box it up nice and secure and not have to worry about the weight.
The ones from Mayfair look really nice.

Offline ghali

• Forum Posts:
  • Kingsbury VIC
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »
I bought a repro backglass for my Gorgar from Mayfair about 12 months ago. The quality of both the product and the packaging was excellent.
However, The only way I could pay him was through Western Union, and their fee's are astronomical, and as you said, he wont ship overseas.  I had mine shipped through an online mail forwarder and in the end postage cost me a little more than the actual backglass did.  It didnt bother me....I wanted one bad enough to pay for it, but be aware, it'll cost ya.

I still have my original here too.... I MAY be willing to part with it, not sure.  It's a bit average, probably about the same condition as most old 80's flakey b/g's.
VUK you!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:39:25 AM »
There is a pretty rough one at my work.  It's crazed but better than none at all

Offline bozza91

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »
I might be tempted with that, out of 10 what would you's say they are?
I am willing to go to some effort to get one but man that sounds crazy, but I agree the repro would be so worth it, my machine is in really nice shape so it would be good to finish it off nicely. But for the time being to save up some cash and time I'd be interested if either of you would part with one?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »
Met Bozza tonight the Backglass is pretty shitty but still gave him a smile look forward to seeing some photos.

Had a good chat and gave him a few parts and pointers to get the old girl running a bit better but forgot to give you some coil sleeves to speed things up.   

Good luck with the drop target unit probably easiest to make that plate from aluminum but the stronger the better for that.     But then does anyone have a drop target lift plate for a 3 bank drop target????  He now has the shaft but I only had a single drop unit so he needs the plate for the 3 drops?

Offline wiredoug

• Forum Posts:
  • Werribee Vic
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
could buy this if you want one bad enough in a hurry but the freight will hurt http://www.ebay.com/itm/370733018364