Author Topic: ACDC  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: ACDC
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
$4050.  ($2600 under replacement cost, so it was cheap, very cheap IMO)

I bid $4,000 and missed by $50 cause I had to take my 3 yr old son to the hospital after he needed stitches in his chin , Kids will be kids. @.@ otherwise I was going to win it and use it for Friday night, Saturday night party rentals on the G/Coast. Oh well, next time.lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:26:06 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 10:29:15 PM »
That's a few acca pros sold now for 4k in recent times.
Looks like thats about where they will sit on the 2nd hand market.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 11:01:01 PM »
Your right and good buying to at 4k

Peter

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 11:19:12 PM »
$4050.  ($2600 under replacement cost, so it was cheap, very cheap IMO)

I bid $4,000 and missed by $50 cause I had to take my 3 yr old son to the hospital after he needed stitches in his chin , Kids will be kids. @.@ otherwise I was going to win it and use it for Friday night, Saturday night party rentals on the G/Coast. Oh well, next time.lol

they were 5950 new, last bidder may have went high, probably dodged a bullet (+ transport)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
$5950 basic machine
$220 shaker motor
$220 delivery
$300 coin mech n appropriate coin door min.

$6690 replacement value to get a brand new one with shaker, delivery and coin mech etc  ^^^

That's still $2600 under replacement value if u rang up today and tried to buy a brand new ACDC Pro.

It went cheap if it only had 1400 games IMO.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:13:04 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »
Still a second hand machine though and not HUO to boot. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »
4k is all the pro is worth 2nd hand imo and recent sales back this up.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »
Daz, its hard to say.
Replacement cost is apx $6600 for a new ACDC Pro with shaker, delivery, etc, then u have a costly coinmech on top for some.

The last few sales of the ACDC Pro have been around the $4,000 to $4500 mark and they were sited machines, which tend to be worth a
little less than Home Use Only. Maybe add $300 to $500 extra for home use only ?

The issue with ACDC is that there are also a lot of them out there, which means coming by one 2nd hand is a lot easier than other titles which less numbers were produced. I will never sell my ACDC so it doesn't mater to me whether they are worth 4 grand or 5 grand 2nd hand etc, but they are all worth what someone is willing to pay at the time.

Perhaps when production of ACDC finally stops, and they aren't so easy to come by, then the prices will climb back up somewhat like a lot of other modern Sterns....

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
Sited or HUO, makes no difference as long as the machine is in good condition. I have seen sited games that are near mint and I have seen so called huo machines treated poorly.
It just shows how much $$$ are lost after buying a nib stern machine, with the exception of a few le titles and some other games like sm and im. All other titles I see are losing $$$ on resale. Don't get me wrong, nib day is very cool but if the loss is around a grand or more on most titles just to open a box and play it first I don't see that as good value.
This makes buying a nib stern for the $$$ asked over here in this country a way less attractive proposition than waiting and buying a 2nd hand game when they come on the market and sooner or later they all hit the market.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
Sited or HUO, makes no difference as long as the machine is in good condition. I have seen sited games that are near mint and I have seen so called huo machines treated poorly.
It just shows how much $$$ are lost after buying a nib stern machine, with the exception of a few le titles and some other games like sm and im. All other titles I see are losing $$$ on resale. Don't get me wrong, nib day is very cool but if the loss is around a grand or more on most titles just to open a box and play it first I don't see that as good value.
This makes buying a nib stern for the $$$ asked over here in this country a way less attractive proposition than waiting and buying a 2nd hand game when they come on the market and sooner or later they all hit the market.

*%* Common sense, just like sales for cars, motorcycles, anything really. When buying brand new, unless they are limited editions/rare or there is more demand than supply, they will all depreciate in value, such is life

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »

*%* Common sense, just like sales for cars, motorcycles, anything really. When buying brand new, unless they are limited editions/rare or there is more demand than supply, they will all depreciate in value, such is life

Spot on its a no brainier :-)

Peter

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »
$5950 basic machine
$220 shaker motor
$220 delivery
$300 coin mech n appropriate coin door min.

$6690 replacement value to get a brand new one with shaker, delivery and coin mech etc  ^^^

That's still $2600 under replacement value if u rang up today and tried to buy a brand new ACDC Pro.

It went cheap if it only had 1400 games IMO.
2 questions on this for you Brett. What would be a average amount of plays for a new 12 month old acdc home use verses sited. For instance how many plays does your acdc have? Also did this machine that sold have a shaker as I couldnt see one in the item description.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »
Spacejam, to answer your questions,
My ACDC Pro would get a dozen games a week, if that.  My machine has probably had less than 250 plays at home since I purchased it, and I took my ACDC machine to the AFL Stadium for a one day special event and it got aprox 300 plays total that one day. So in fact, it got more plays in one day at a special event, than my game would get in a whole year at home.lol 

I know Pete(Gorgar) posted once he had played 2 or 3 thousand games on his ACDC Back in Black in aprox 9 months, so that's another home machine that gets used more, but is still like brand new.

I would have to guess that the average home use only BNIB Stern gets between 500, and 2 thousand plays a year at a guess. If the playfields are kept clean, if the balls are changed out regularly, you could have a machine that's 3 , 4 , 5 years old, and it should still look like brand new if it has been maintained properly.

Re the shaker motor, I don't know of anyone who doesn't have a shaker fitted to a Brand new STERN, or anyone who would keep a Stern for long without adding a shaker motor, so the figures I used before for a replacement value, included the shaker, cause its only a few hundred dollars to add and makes a huge difference to gameplay. I thought that one on Ebay did have a shaker, as per my Ebay response. But either way, its still the same replacement figures of around $6600 to get another BNIB ACDC Pro with shaker n delivery, hence the notation that the one which sold was apx $2600 under replacement and apparently had only 1400 plays. Seemed like good value to me.

Spacejam, you should start a thread asking how many plays people put on their machines each week, both older DMD and Brand New Sterns for example.
Could be a good thread.
Brett

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »
Mines had maybe 3k games on it I'm not in it to make a buck like some mines a keeper and I'm gunna play the dam thing :-)

Peter

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
I have to confess here I am the new owner of this ACDC  #@# The reason I asked Brett if it had a shaker motor was that I thought that he may have asked the seller and had the inside info.
I bid on this machine on a whim at the last second and had a maximum bid of $4050 which ended up being the winning bid. I figured I would go $4050 in case someone else went $4000 and I didn't wanna miss out by a lousy $50 and end up shitty for a week...turns out I was right ...sorry Brett blame your son.
Truth is this is not a title I have ever really considered buying but I have been cashed up for a while and after just missing out on a few machines lately I figured I'd go for it and if I get for the right price didn't matter if I didn't like it I can easily move it on without taking to too much of a hit.
Arrived today....no shaker and no code updates since new. On the plus side this machine is mint looks and even smells brand new. I spent half an hour looking for anything to fault. All I could come up with were some finger smears on the glass, some light ball drag marks here and there on the play field and some ball drag marks on the acdc targets, all of which came straight off with a quick clean and polish. Plays snappy and has a new feel. I have only had 4 games so far in 4 different song modes and high scored on each, not that I played well more that it was a sited pin and no one any good ever played it.
Now all I got to do is go and play and learn the rules and see how I like it. Will keep you informed on what I think of the game as I get to know it.