Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34328 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
Not an easy thread to post on and i have thought out my reply before posting.. hopefully, ive thought it through enough.
I havent been around for a while and didnt log in for a few weeks as ive really had enough of threads and posts that really have no place on the forum. Ive taken a look at Pinside and had some small activity on there in the hope that it was different.. it isnt. So many threads about what people think will come next from Stern or JJP.. its all rubbish and just fills the forum with fluff.. this is how i see AP these days.. lots of posts.. very few of substance, many are just not remotely pinball or coin operated. Its fast becoming a place of gossip and fantasy.. plenty of posts but fewer posters and those few posters seem to post anything, no matter how trivial. Post after post about whos emailing who.. what would happen if this scenario ever became real.. no need to go on - weve all read them.
Ok.. so AP is a great forum and we need to keep it that way.. its a lot smaller than Pinside which is good but in all honesty, its just the same.
When AP started out, its agenda was to be a forum that placed itself above all others with quality over quantity.. that is what we wanted it to be.. those that sat here on day 1 trying to start a discussion will attest to that.
I know a forum evolves and i  said  to Nino right at the start that one day it will take on a life of its own and be bigger than the individual personalities.. this isnt quite true with AP as some members seem to post like a dog scenting a tree.
Needless to say, its not for me and rather than have a forum full of piffle to look at, like some before me, id rather walk away.