Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34209 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
I was one to say if you don't like a topic don't read it, but also mentioned that there is too much nasty stuff too. The problem is I may like a topic in the beginning and really would like to see how it progresses but then find it turns into a slinging match between certain people. What I want I for those people to ignore each other and save me (and maybe others) the pain of having to bypass this stuff. Notice I'm not talking for others but sometimes self censorship doesn't work and I find myself frustrated getting shitty of the in fighting.

I truly believe the tech threads have come to a grinding halt. I seem to recall look in daily for a week or so and finding the same tech problem at the top with no new replies. Now I know this is not pinball. You can't own pinball and not have problems and I know we are all not experts (and now I'm talking for others  %.%). This also tells me that many of the  guys who used to give me great advise have gone. This is not healthy  *.*

Lets hope we can recover before its too late. If I'm wrong the worst that can happen is nothing  ^^^

Not too sure about this one.  When a tech type thread is raised e.g. Delarge's transformer thread at the moment, there is excellent help available.  On the other side of the coin, there may not be as many tech help type threads because the forum has been successful in that many of us can now fault find and repair the majority of issues that come up from time to time.  With the help of documents like the Pinrepair guides as well and the internet as a whole, there just isn't the need to ask for help with every fault with the machines.

When the need arises, there is always someone willing to step up to the plate to offer some guidance, God bless 'em.
Addicted to pins.