Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34303 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
Hi All,

Nice discussion. From what I can gather from what people have posted so far it seems to me that the problem here is twofold:

1. Members who like posts relating to pinball restoration are finding it hard to access these without having to look through a whole lot of content unrelated to restorations.

2. Members who have been on here for some time are finding that this site no longer represents their interests and provides a sense of community around Pinball restoration.

If this is the case (we will have to ask those who have raised the concerns), then I think that Swinks' proposal of dividing the site into Old School and New School sections would be a good solution because it may overcome these two problems. Then, under these two main headings, a few clear and simple subheadings could be designed specifically to tailor to each "school". Having said that, I would hope that some of the older hands would, from time to time, chime in on "New School" topics, as their insights about new developments are often very interesting.

I also imagine that this would represent a major overhaul of the site and it might be difficult to organise the older content to fit the new format?

Cheers, SV.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:31:25 AM by solar value »