Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34413 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 10:33:50 PM »
Thanks Nino for taking the time sharing an update and some more depth to the intersection at the crossroads that you guys are at.

So better understanding here are some of my refined ideas, thoughts and feelings:
- I do not have the time unfortunately to do restorations though would dearly love to (2 young children demand my time)
- I have 2 pins that don't have much to be done on them except play and personalise them hence my passion for mods as I view it as adding your own personality to a stock standard game - just like a car, a house - adding your touch. This well may change when I have time to restore a pin and I go through the motions of restoring a game to it's original condition
- What I have found tiring on the forum the last 6 months is the personal comments against various people - like being back at school and is just a turn off. I also not a fan of the short one liner zero substance posts in some threads - personal thing.
- What I like in the beginning 2 years ago when I started reading and posting was getting the help from unknown enthusiasts willing to help a fellow pinballer. I do believe this has dropped off, as for a reason I can't answer that - that's for the guys that use to answer and help. But sure people life's priorities change and you can't always give of your time for what ever the reason.
- From a neutral observation, I like that I can select what new threads to read by the title and the group it is from so I can skip it and read it.
- As for software, very happy with the 15 recent posts, can almost cover an average day of forum activity, maybe bump up to 25 most recent posts but this was a welcome change from the recent 5 post option a little while ago
- bad thing about the software is the search function isn't very successful but hence the more groups created helped steer people into a category of threads they are searching which helps, so once you learn the site it is good

Overall AP is a good site, and I am known for posting new news from pinside which may annoy the crap for some but I do it as feel some people enjoy just as much as I do. But for me when I go to pinside I am lucky to look at 1% of threads on a daily basis and only read things that catch my eye. But if it is preferred I can stop with those posts.

In addition it does sound like alot effort and cost to keep this going and only a passion / desire ensures this will continue which is really left to you guys. If your loosing the motivation it then sadly it affects us all but that is up you and we need to respect that as nothing worse than doing something if it is a drag or a chore to do.

Hope this helps

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:37:13 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts