Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34322 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
What I like about Aussie Pinball, is the fact that its a PINBALL site, not a restore only site.
The fact that the forum encompasses ALL THINGS pinball, and not just restores is what makes the site great.
You only have to look at the stats page to see that there are many many things with 5 times the views than only restores.
I reckon the site has gone from good to great because of this. Massive increase in new member numbers each month and
the amount of posts has risen to a very high level in all categories every month for the past few years.

The site is now a PINBALL site, not just a restore site imo. The site has moved with the times which is smart.
It still all gets back to the popular and accepted attitude, if you dont like a thread or post don't read it.
Theres a great section to read here on AP for everyone and anyone. Adding more sections would not be good.
I thought each n every area of the pinball industry was covered exceptionally well already.

Is the site going to start the donation thing again which was a great idea when it was around in previous times ?

What about if the site held a competition every month or two. Say a member, or members donated a new Stern translate, or something else for older games, and the best gamesroom photo posted won a prize ? something fun to get new members posting ? too many people as guests everyday (looks like guests make up apx 70 percent of logged in users). Something fun to encourage new members to post. Anyone else got any good fun ideas for the site ????
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:48:26 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !