Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34267 times)

Offline greenechidna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2013, 02:10:53 AM »
Quote:
"We originally created this forum because there was (and is) no other real place in Australia for people with genuine passion for the history of the game to swap information, restoration and technical help."

As someone who decided less than a year ago he wanted an EM or two these forums have:

*Given me ample ground floor advice on what to look for and what to avoid in an old machine

*soothed initial fears that I would end up with a dead machine that I couldn't fix.

* put me in touch with tech help in my local area

* assisted me to obtain parts from overseas

* put me onto Pinfest

*given me confidence to consider having a go at restoration as well as freely supply detailed knowledge on every little thing

* given me the opportunity to pick up some beautifully restored machines that have significant nostalgic value to me

* listened to me waffling on about my childhood

* made me feel included as part of a community

* gave me the confidence to recommend the hobby to others as something fun, satisfying and challenging

*ensured that at least one room in my house is chock a block full of E/Ms  $#$

*encouraged me to spend thousands of dollars within the industry with the view of spending thousands more  :D

Like many others have said, if I don't find the thread interesting, I move on. Most content here is worth a browse at least and is legible, literate and  informed. It's really nice to see that when someone here needs something, whether advice or bits and pieces, it's usually given freely and in the spirit of getting yet another old shitbox off the scrapheap and back where it belongs in the gamesroom.

APA is a huge asset to pinball. Do whatever is necessary to keep it that way.