Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34318 times)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2013, 12:35:32 PM »
I don't spend as much time here as I used to. I'm not your target demographic, but I'm grateful that the site is here, and I enjoy it.

Old school pinballers are disappearing everywhere, not just here.

Not everyone picks up a hobby for life. Sometimes, their interests shift. Now, if you know certain people still enjoy pinball, but participate at other sites and no longer here, perhaps you could ask them why.

My personal collection is half the size it was 5 years ago. Had 3 kids, lost a job, got a new job.

There are a lot of aspects of pinball today that don't interest me. I enjoy wrenching and restoring, making a worn out machine look and play like new. Sterns don't interest me, because they don't need anything I have to offer. I think LEDs and non-original finishes (powder, chrome where it wasn't original, brass, etc) are awful and make machines look like poo. I have no interest in machines themed after musical groups or superheroes, with the exception of GNR. But, I have no problem with the hobby evolving and people who enjoy those sorts of things enjoying them. I imagine the people who absolutely adored EMs and understand them like the back of their hands thought the hobby was going a strange direction when SS games started rolling out.

I'll support the site regardless of what direction it takes, and enjoy it. Thanks for keeping it going!