Author Topic: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball  (Read 34140 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: The Future Direction of Aussie Pinball
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
I think it's fine, as is...I mean if a topic dosnt intrest you then don't read it.  This forum, I thought was about all things Pinball, EM, SS, DMD, repairs, restores, everything.  Then you simply read the topics that intrest you! It ain't that hard people.

Leave as is, it's great  ^^^
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »
I think it's fine, as is...I mean if a topic dosnt intrest you then don't read it.  This forum, I thought was about all things Pinball, EM, SS, DMD, repairs, restores, everything.  Then you simply read the topics that intrest you! It ain't that hard people.

Spot on.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »
I am going to say it how I see it, i have talked to others who also feel this way unfortunately...

I am sad to see how much it has changed.  We have lost a lot of valuable contributors because of posts filling the forum with opinionated fluff. 

The guys who left or are no longer posting had a wealth of knowledge on all things repairs and restoration, this was the go to site if you wanted your repair question answered, and it would usually be answered within half an hour!!

It is a real shame that an individual can cause such change to the "feeling" of the forum, and infuriate so many.  People come and go but unfortunately because of this I am not enjoying pinball as much and regularly go one or two months without turning a game on.

Sure everyone has the right to their own opinions, but keep it real, if people are continually telling you to pull your head in, take it on board, no need to push your point over and over ad nauseum.

So what would I like other than the ignore button to remain, I would like to see Aussie pinball get back to its roots, of helping people with problems, seeing the amazing restores that people have completed, sharing parts, generously giving your time to do things for others, getting together for a meet, feeling like a real family of like minded blokes, whom even if you have never met, you still have the utmost respect for.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
The future NEEDS less censorship!
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 12:14:58 AM »

I mean if a topic dosnt intrest you then don't read it. 

^^^  Very simple really.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »
Well when i log in I go first to Restoration, Then to Tech, then to for sale and parts as this is what interests me. I find heaps of help and havw been able to rebuild and or problem shoot with the help of others. I'm 57 and this will be my retirement hobby, doing what I loved as a teen and young adult playing pinball. My Grandson has Autism and pinball has increased his eye hand coordination, If it wasn't for this site and those willing to help then this wouldn't be happening. With out the tech side NO PINBALL.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:52 AM »
Well when i log in I go first to Restoration, Then to Tech, then to for sale and parts as this is what interests me. I find heaps of help and havw been able to rebuild and or problem shoot with the help of others. I'm 57 and this will be my retirement hobby, doing what I loved as a teen and young adult playing pinball. My Grandson has Autism and pinball has increased his eye hand coordination, If it wasn't for this site and those willing to help then this wouldn't be happening. With out the tech side NO PINBALL.

FANTASTIC report - I'm sure the local newspaper would love to run such a positive story.....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 08:35:55 AM »
Only  been looking at this forum for the last few months or so. I like the topics, best topics for me , help topics, new pins, restos.

I think the forum is fine as is.

Members make the forum. So it is there topics, posts that make it.

Maybe some respect for others when disagreeing about opinions . 

I would think , in most situation were posts get a bit nasty .

That a member should stop and think . " would i say something in this post that i wouldnt say to someone standing in front of me"
Use a bit of common courtesy.

Anyway... Great forum

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 09:57:17 AM »
For me, the old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it" springs to mind, so as others have said, leave it as it is  ^^^ ^^^

If a particular thread or topic doesn't interest me i don't read it, often i'll log in and go straight to the unread threads, and tick off and hit the 'mark as read' button for  the ones i have little or no interest in. Nice n easy.

Another thing, i find this forum much more user friendly than any of the others i have been a part of, much easier to navigate  ^^^ ^^^

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
Not much I can add to what has already been said. If you are not interested in a topic, then don't read it .

Yes, there is a lot of posting that I find completely irrelevant, such as the speculation about 'Stern's next Pin' or JJP , but I don't read it cause I couldn't care less about it .

I think the mods would be making a huge amount of work for themselves trying to police what is posted here . The 'mark as read' is my most used option .

I too would like to see more resto threads but this is a hobby for most of us and life/other priorities often gets in the way of allowing time for pinball restoration, unfortunately .

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 11:27:39 AM »

Could not have said it better myself.

i can't quite see the point of this excersize,unless you admin already have decided on a direction that you wish to enforce.I personally think it is fine as it is,balanced and informative.while being entertaining.

you will ultimately decide as "you" own the forum.

Also agree, not really seeing the point?

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »
As long as all aspects of pinball are available for discussion (of which they are) then let it run its course.

The only thing that ticks me off is people not knowing the difference between adjectives THERE and THEIR.

Instances of the adjective 'there'

Over there is a pinball machine
There once was a pinball forum

Instances to use the possessive adjective 'their'

I went into their shop, Pizza n Pinball
I bought a pinball. It was once theirs but now its mine.

Also after a full stop in a sentence....don't start your next sentence with AND!!

Posts tend to look a lot more creditable if they do not fail to show basic primary school sentence formulations and expressions. I like to quickly look over the structure of a post before posting, so I know I'm not looking like an uneducated pinball noob.  ^^^

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »
Perhaps threads which are non pinball related be prefixed with NPR (not pinball related) eg "NPR - my dog died". I've seen this done in other forums with great success

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »
I like swinks idea of an old school new school option.  I'm finding it hard to find time to log on of late I love the restores and the help sections but new pins and mods are ok but rarely interest me and would only be looked at when I had more time.   

As for restorations again don't have the time for full restoration threads like I used to but now half the time I don't even know if anyone looks at them anymore?

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
Perhaps threads which are non pinball related be prefixed with NPR (not pinball related) eg "NPR - my dog died". I've seen this done in other forums with great success

There is a non pinball discussion area already.