Author Topic: Ebay. Is it really that bad or am I just lucky?  (Read 418 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
One could even argue that Ebay's desire to have Paypal as the only accepted finance clearance house on its Ëbay service
amounts to third line forcing which is illegal in Australia. How they get away with it raises alot of speculation.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Pinball dealers use this all the time in the hope they attract a newbie to an overpriced machine. The same machines appear on eBay, and what dealer's don't recognize is the fact that relisting a pinball machine for months on end suggests that the dealer cannot move machines. So it has been a great idea to list machines as advertising, but you need to change the titles around, otherwise more questions are raised. I list one game every 2 years, and I get a LOT of work from just the one listing.

I don't accept Paypal as a payment method unless the buyer pays all the fees. Messy situation that no one wants to get involved with.

We need to start a Top 10 of most repeat listing machines on ebay (particularly ones that have allegedly "sold").  :lol

That playfield overlay Kiss has to be in there somewhere....

I think the "best KISS in world" could be any one of several relistings. My favorite is the "best KISS ever" where it is stated it is not an overlay, but a repro playfield, but the photos are of the overlay. These eBay listings were a classic case of people intentionally not buying the game because of the claims that several were sold, yet no feedback to back up the "sales".

There was a old woodrail "Spottem" - that did the rounds for at least a year.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
The fact that you have to list gaypal as a payment method is just wrong  ^.^

If you accept PayMate you can opt out of PayPus.

Almost nobody will pay you with PayMate so usually they will just bank deposit.

Not a bad idea and probably worth trying, but if they do pay you that way the fees are even higher 2.475 + $0.55 per transaction  @.@ we can't win