Author Topic: Current Trends  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Current Trends
« on: May 20, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
what does this mean then

without logging in, I can go to the front page of Aussie Pinball, click on the icon on the far left of the recent posts list, and it lets me read the last 10 or 15 recent posts.

does this only allow me to do this because the site matches my I.P address, or can anyone see the last 10 or 15 recents by doing the above. This backdoor alone, I thought woiuld have stopped people signing up so to speak because u can still view a lot of recent content.

2. anyway of a global email to fix up the "your collection" thread/game ownership lists.

3. anyway of cleaning up the 1900 members/culling like before, but do it based on say someone who hasn't logged in for say 6 months or more. must be a way to shave down numbers/ghosts to see what the real figures are and plan around that, somehow....getting rid of guests that aren't real guests would be another cull I guess, if it serves a purpose ?

anyone else got any good ideas please ?  !@#

Answers to questions in numerical order ;

1 - Software Bug. Security update would fix this but the problem is low risk as you can't follow the flow of threads.

2 - Global email would go to the 1000+ of spam accounts created and not deleted. This would be an open invitation for spam.

3 - Manual process. Time consuming. Also disrupts the flow of some threads as deleted account posts will also be deleted.

All of the above would be effectively fixed with a software update and the ability to add more Admin mods to do cleanup etc.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia