Author Topic: Transporting a Pinball from Brisbane to Melbourne  (Read 456 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Transporting a Pinball from Brisbane to Melbourne
« on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »
Guys, I'm looking at buying an em pinball that is in Brisbane to Melbourne.  Can anyone advise the following:
Recommended transport company
Approx cost
How to pack for transport
Any other info

Thanks. Dean
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Heya Dean,
I used e-go twice and the second time, they lost my playfield, so I will never use them again after that.

Currently, I am using my local transport company, Ron Crouch Transport. Have got two pins delivered by them. No dramas and cheap. They have a depot in Brisbane and Melbourne. Just had the seller wrap the pinball on a pallet and deliver it to the depot for me.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Heya Dean,
I used e-go twice and the second time, they lost my playfield, so I will never use them again after that.

Currently, I am using my local transport company, Ron Crouch Transport. Have got two pins delivered by them. No dramas and cheap. They have a depot in Brisbane and Melbourne. Just had the seller wrap the pinball on a pallet and deliver it to the depot for me.

Cheers!
Adam.

What does cheap mean? Thanks Adam
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
It cost me $155 from Adelaide to Wagga Wagga. This included GST and fuel levies. I thought that was a good price in comparison to what other companies charge.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
If u need a pinball machine picked up, packed n wrapped properly, and lodged at a E-Go Transport, or Hunter Express Transport depot on the Gold Coast, just post and I will be happy to help out for fuel n packing material cost only.

I have used E-Go apx 8 times without hassle for machines, but something smaller could get lost real easy as Adam said.
Insurance is mandatory for the extra $20 to $25 bux. When using E-Go, which uses Hunter or Action Express in QLD (all the same company trading under different names) providing correct machine measurements is required so the freight $$ u pay is spot on, and the insurance will stay 100 percent in tact.
If u need help. Sing out if the seller cant or wont help pack or lodge at a depot.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Is E-Go insurance capped at a max value of $1000?
Addicted to pins.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
I've sent a few pins from Brissy to Melbourne using Dutt Transport, depot to depot. From memory cost was around $220 - $240. Excellent service and
arrived each time without any dramas.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
EGo depot to depot Melb to Brisbane $140.
Book as bulky item.. weight 90kg.
Dont put on a pallet, just take it there.. it will arrive on a pallet as Ego will put it on one.. if you book it in as such though they charge extra

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Is E-Go insurance capped at a max value of $1000?

Blair(Pintoxicated) E-Go transport insurance has been capped at $1,000 because of soo many scammers claiming for supposed internal/non visible damage done to pinball machines.
If u don't book the correct exact weight, and the exact dimensions of the wrapped machine and place it on a pallet, strapped down with E-Go, u will not be covered for insurance at all. The manager at the Gold Coast depot said they are now cracking down on pinball machine quotes and checking actual against quoted. Any discrepancy, insurance null n void. They have had too many people trying to scam them by under weighing machine, and describing machines size incorrectly. Obviously the trucking company charges by correct weight and cubic volume or it loses money.
I know they also take photos now of machines before they load at various E-Go depots.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
According to the E-Go website, anything containing glass is not covered by insurance when you read their terms and conditions.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
yes, site does say that, but the insurance company will cover pinball machine up to $1,000, but excludes glass replacement, and any damage done by broken glass.

basically, if u can prove machine has been badly dropped, squashed or had fork lift prongs go thru side u can get some coverage, but anything else, not covered. people were saying really stupid stuff like cabinet decal side was scratched and were handing in quotes for $3,000 to replace 1 x side cabinet decal. insurance company has woken up and now, coverage is very limited. E-Go can put people thru to the under-writer, that's how I got instructions to make sure weight n size was correct etc, or was given the or else no insurance talk.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I've sent a few pins from Brissy to Melbourne using Dutt Transport, depot to depot. From memory cost was around $220 - $240. Excellent service and
arrived each time without any dramas.

I've used Dutt from Sydney to Melbourne was $150 good service depot to depot, and had tony send down a EM from Qld to melb through TNT I think it was for around the $250 mark, again no dramas

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
had tony send down a EM from Qld to melb through TNT I think it was for around the $250 mark, again no dramas

Maybe that was Toll now I think about it  !@#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Most companies will come in around the $250 - $280 mark but that will be door to door. Northline are another company ive used in the past a lot.. never had a problem but you do have to pretend its a business you are shipping from and to.
EGo will be the cheapest if willing to do depot to depot.

All shipping of pinballs has an element of risk and no transport company will have a perfect record, all i can say is that ive never had a problem with any of the two companies mentioned

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
A major factor in transporting a machine, no matter who it is with, is the packing and labelling of the machine. 

E-Go have a good warning page you can print and write further info on.  I print these out and stick one on most if not all sides of the machine so no matter where the fork driver picks the pallet up from, it is easy and clear to see that the machine contains glass and is fragile.

I don't think you can over pack and wrap a machine either.
Addicted to pins.