Author Topic: How the market changes..  (Read 318 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
How the market changes..
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »
wasnt too long ago that a fit for the tip project game could demand $1000 on Ebay.. i remember a thread on it in fact. Complete POS games being snapped up for around $1K.
Roll on a couple of years and its a completely different story that has a credit crunch right in the middle just like a good sandwich.
This game keeps coming down in price and its now SUB $600 and still, it wont sell. Admittedly, its FUGLY, but it is a working game in pretty fair condition.
The turn around in the general market is one of polarities.. dont get me wrong, this is really a $500 game. But to not sell on Ebay for a repeated $650 is a statement of the times.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MIBS-PINBALL-MACHINE-OLD-STYLE-GAME-EARLY-70S-ONLY-595-/261218670055?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D7814511963954710709%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D261218670055%26#ht_747wt_1399

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: How the market changes..
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
Had a nice Mibs in 2006, went for about 1100$

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:19:55 AM »
If it was closer to home, it would already be in my garage :(

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »
If it was closer to home, it would already be in my garage :(

Ive been tempted myself at $650 and with BG animation... geez, cant argue with that. Problem is i have X number of machines on their way and this game does zilch for me

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 07:11:33 AM »
I'm in the same thoughts as you Gavin , seem like a nice price for this pin .
Obviously the better titles sold first and this is his left over stuff , dose anyone know what the better titles sold for ?
I also notice the back glasses of the other titles , I wouldn't be to keen with a foreign language on the back glasses .

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:09:46 AM »
I had a look at this game the other day, it would clean up a treat and I can't that someone hasn't snapped it up.  I just don't room for any more projects otherwise I would of grabbed it  #@#

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
Sorry but not a seller that I would feel comfortable dealing with after seeing 2 machines he has sold to people I know down here. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
Hmmm.. 5 digit score ???? My Mibs has four  *!@ *!@ What gives?? Added dummy zero reel i guess  !@#

Its been repainted in non original paint pattern too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:46:02 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »
Hmmm.. 5 digit score ???? My Mibs has four  *!@ *!@ What gives?? Added dummy zero reel i guess  !@#

Its been repainted in non original paint pattern too.

Good pick up - didnt notice the extra window myself

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
I was wondering when these Italian games would pop up. They were doing the traps in November last year. The original storage room was a basement that had VERY damp walls. The machines looked like they were stored there for a very long time. Most games were Italian conversions or "add a ball" versions of replay games. Heads were mixed up with bodies, it was a real mess !

The change with collectors is in my opinion due to the "EM fanboi" mentality that GOOD EMs are ONLY Gottliebs. So 5 years ago, this would have sold for $1000, even though it needs work (repaint for a start) - because it is a Wedgehead. Around the same time period, you could have Bally machines such as Gator, Cosmos, Joust or Zip-A-Doo. Williams titles such as Seven-Up, Smart Set or Suspense. All these games are better players.

MIBs is a good game, but there are more options these days and people do their homework. That's why the game will sit around the $600 - $750 mark.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
Obviously the better titles sold first and this is his left over stuff , dose anyone know what the better titles sold for ?
I also notice the back glasses of the other titles , I wouldn't be to keen with a foreign language on the back glasses .

Funny because the ones that got snapped up were the European machines, this is one of the few Gottliebs.