Author Topic: Breaking Pinball News! (warning - long post)  (Read 23165 times)

Offline benpin

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Breaking Pinball News! (warning - long post)
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »
WELL DONE Mike!

Your boards have been excellent.
Also your services to the pinball has be outstanding

Would like to see two version of the pinball kits

1.........pinball kit with complete ready boards and playfield/backglass and hardware and complete cabinet/backbox

2.........pinball kit in a complete kit form, playfield/backglass ,electronic boards kits (assembly your own boards,) make your own cabinet/backbox ( owner supplied material}

I preferred option 2 . This will be more fun, making your own cabinet /backbox  and electronic boards........... Bring it on Mike and what does members thinks of the 2 options

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:51 AM »

I wouldn't have thought this would have been licenced given Mikes love of original themes. The reveal will be interesting for sure.

Nothing wrong with licensed themes if its a good one, and I think this is a great one!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:37 AM »
What we've all failed to ask Mike which is extremely important..........will you be doing a cartwheel as the first ship leaves the Shanghai docks &&

I'll have a stab and say a Ferrari themed pinball !^!

My factory will be in Shenzhen (THE electronics hub of the world) and the machines will ship from the Shenzhen port of Shekou - about 10km from the city.

Shenzhen is physically about 5km from Hong Kong at the bottom end of PRC and the climate suits me as it is tropical exactly like Cairns.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline GAP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
My guess.

Car theme - Holden vs those others  %.% at Mt Panorama.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
My guess.

Car theme - Holden vs those others  %.% at Mt Panorama.

Good guess but no cigar.......

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »
My guess , movie JAWS (1975)
Would make a cool retro theme.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2013, 03:04:44 PM »
Mike, some observations about the Woz journey

The payment plan was a good idea, spacing the payments over a year made Woz more accessible.

The wait. JJP customers were content up to the 18 moth mark, then they started to get agitated.
By the time 2 years arrived, many had lost their confidence in Jack. Many people were posting blunt messages about the progress of the game. This was not helped by Jack announcing his next game and expecting people to start paying for game #2 before Woz had shipped

About kit games;
As a non expert, I am happy to screw, bolt, glue, plug and clamp.
What I do not want to do is drill holes.
And thinking about it now, I am not sure I want to install mains voltage electrical stuff
I am surprised that there is that much savings to be had by offering a kit game

Just my 20c

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
I agree with the WOZ comments and I have a very important target date to meet and that cannot be past 2015 - reasons will become obvious shortly.

I will ask for deposits on game one and a substantial discount will apply if paid before a certain date (same as WOZ).

I WILL NOT be asking for deposits for game two BEFORE game one is coming off the assembly line - I may well announce game two, but I won't take deposits for it before people have received game one.

Any kit would have the electronics fully assembled and tested including wiring harness and all mechanical assemblies built.

All holes would be factory drilled/machined and assembly would be nothing more than a screwdriver/spanners and probably some minor soldering.

My concept for the mains is ALL mains will be inside a metal box. It will be factory assembled and tested - much like a computer power supply but purpose built. Sockets or cables will come from this box with the lower secondary voltages. There would be NO reason for anybody to play inside this box except perhaps to change the line voltage or fault find after a power surge/lighting strike etc. Homepin pinball will be the safest pinball made in the world to date (this line is actually used in my advertising blurb to be posted here soon *%*).

A kit will very likely cost me as much, or even a little more, to supply BUT having a kit available is a key part of Homepin heritage. The assembly manual is likely to take a very long time to get together.

All points are subject to change of course but what I have written above is pretty well how I see things working.

Mike, some observations about the Woz journey

The payment plan was a good idea, spacing the payments over a year made Woz more accessible.

The wait. JJP customers were content up to the 18 moth mark, then they started to get agitated.
By the time 2 years arrived, many had lost their confidence in Jack. Many people were posting blunt messages about the progress of the game. This was not helped by Jack announcing his next game and expecting people to start paying for game #2 before Woz had shipped

About kit games;
As a non expert, I am happy to screw, bolt, glue, plug and clamp.
What I do not want to do is drill holes.
And thinking about it now, I am not sure I want to install mains voltage electrical stuff
I am surprised that there is that much savings to be had by offering a kit game

Just my 20c

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »
I think your my hero being brave enough to take on this challenge, I will purchase your machine just to support you in this venture if my finances allow.  $%$   

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
Ok I reckon it's my turn to make an educated guess as to the nature of this new table. After reading that it may be retro influenced put with a chat with Hanken and thinking about what Hanken tables were out. I did a little search and came up with this Quote.  In October 2012, The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion and announced that it would produce three new films, with the first film, Star Wars Episode VII, planned for release in 2015. This would make such a pin most desirable to release at the same time as the Film. 2015.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2013, 09:05:37 AM »
just read a headline on the Net, the theme fits the criteria of anniversary (50th) and re-release

Dr Who  #*#
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

How much will one of these game kits cost to buy from you?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »

How long is a piece of string?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2013, 10:35:45 AM »

How long is a piece of string?

All depends on where you cut it I would imagine.
I guess all will be revealed in time and I'm looking forward to seeing what the mystery theme is.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »
just read a headline on the Net, the theme fits the criteria of anniversary (50th) and re-release

Dr Who  #*#

I agree, Dr Who, that would be cool for new and old fans.