Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 96989 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Hi guys. Thanks for the comments, I have been a bit busy today getting the launch underway so I'm a little late here to answer some of your questions.

First the freight. I am well experienced in shipping from China. I have 'suggested' that freight 'might' be about $400 in 2015. This will naturally be subject to what is going on then BUT I have calculated $400 being the all up cost delivered to your door. I will handle all shipping documents and arrangements including customs clearing, buyers won't have to do a thing except sign the delivery docket. The precise cost can not be known until 2015 but it will be at cost price and is very likely to be a lot less than the 'suggested' $400. Any savings will be passed back to customers.

Naturally I have structured the sell price to suit Thunderbirds - $5432.10 (Thunderbirds are GO!) - get it?

If you add GST = $5975.31 and the delivery cost ($400) makes a total of $6375.31 with a FREE topper for those who pay upfront (thanks to those of you that have already).

The 'pay-off' price of $5950 equates to $5950 + GST and $400 shipping/delivery = $6945.00 (no topper)

GST and shipping payments are not due until the machine is ready to ship.

For those who prefer to wait and buy from a retailer when they are completed in 2015 the RRP is $7490 + GST = $8239 although you may be able to negotiate a better deal with your preferred retailer??

Why is there such a price difference? Those who place their trust in me and pay in early are buying direct and so there is no retailers margin. That is the main reason for the difference. After prepayments close on the 1st June 2014 I will not be selling direct from the factory - the business will shift to sales through retailers only.

On to the comments about kits. My liability insurance does not permit me to sell kits. If you would like a kit you would need to EMAIL me (not PM) and I might be able to suggest how this could happen.

For the record, my last 20' container from China to Brisbane in Feb this year cost $1400 plus landing & clearing costs and plus GST on the goods. You could add about 10% in todays money due to our falling dollar.

I opened the website for sales at about 9.30 this morning and I must say I have been overwhelmed with the positive response and the purchases made. Thank you all for having the faith in my ability to deliver. I said the website would be updated on the 18th and I stuck to it. I also want to have a prototype at next years Pinfest and I intend to do my very best to meet this timeframe. A condition of my licence is very strict in that I MUST meet a mid 2015 deadline because the licensor has a massive campaign for the 50th anniversary of Thunderbirds and this pinball is part of that.

Some have suggested I release more machine details and I would love to do this but the terms of my licence prohibit it at this early stage. Those who don't wish to place their trust in my track record can simply wait for a finished machine and pay retail at that time.

For those coming to Pinfest this weekend please introduce yourselves.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals