Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 97004 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I'm in, put my money where my mouth is as they say.
Keep the updates and news rolling in whenever possible.
 @@*
FAB!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
When will we see some photos. playfield,cabinet, toys etc?
Even a crypitc clue will do, something..anything.....tracy island mini playfield perhaps....anything.
Please!!!
Love the theme and would really love to buy...almost sight unseen but I need something tangible... throw me a friggen bone and give me a reason to give you the cash!

Well - there is a bit of a small preview in the post above (TB4) and I should have a short video available within a couple of weeks. It it quite a juggle between actually making the machine and getting approval from the licence owner on various things and the complications this all brings BUT it is coming together very well. We have spent the last few months geting the electronics fine tuned rather than things like artwork.

Any news on the short video?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I'm in China signing a lease on a factory and I haven't heard from my video man so I assume he hasn't finished or he is waiting on some direction from me??

I have had very bad email problems however so anything is possible.

I have managed a very good score - I have taken oven one entire floor of the Skyworth factory as they are moving to new premises next month. HUGE area but very hi-tech.

When will we see some photos. playfield,cabinet, toys etc?
Even a crypitc clue will do, something..anything.....tracy island mini playfield perhaps....anything.
Please!!!
Love the theme and would really love to buy...almost sight unseen but I need something tangible... throw me a friggen bone and give me a reason to give you the cash!

Well - there is a bit of a small preview in the post above (TB4) and I should have a short video available within a couple of weeks. It it quite a juggle between actually making the machine and getting approval from the licence owner on various things and the complications this all brings BUT it is coming together very well. We have spent the last few months geting the electronics fine tuned rather than things like artwork.

Any news on the short video?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Re: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - Homepin has a factory!
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »
I have decided on a suitable factory space in the "High-Tech" zone of Shenzhen and it will become the new Homepin Pinball factory. This area is often called "Chinas Silicon Valley" due to the huge number of high tech factories in this area. I had to prove to the area officials that I would be manufacturing a world class, high tech product before they would allow me to lease space there.

I spent well over a week looking at dozens of places all over town. Most were either new or fully vacated and that meant a HUGE amount of time, effort and money would need to be spent bringing the space up to a usable standard. Even to paint the floor in one of these empty places would cost a fortune and take several weeks.

Then I lucked upon Skyworth. They are a massive company (30K employees) and last year were the worlds largest set top box manufacturer making over 10 million units (amongst many other products). The quality of this factory (one of about 10 they have) is world class there is no doubt. Turns out they have built a new mega-factory complex and will move a few of their smaller places into this new facility. I managed to secure the office level (1500 sq mts) and the 3rd floor of the accomodation complex which has 6 self contained dorms (housing 6 each) and 2 executive apartments for managers. It is a 5 minute walk from the factory building in the same secure compound. The executive apartments on the floor I leased were reserved for visiting Skyworth managers so the quality of fitout is exceptional.

Best part is that they will remove only the furniture from the office floor leaving the brilliant finish with flooring, curtains/blinds, ceiling and lighting behind. The floor is already divided up into very usable spaces with one area even being thier R&D department for LCD screens.

I get the keys to the facility today (10th Dec) and will move in and start setting up over Christmas. The excellent fitout means I will be able to have the Homepin R&D area up and running by mid January.

More info once we are in the building and making our changes.

Pictures here of the Homepin factory floor (to be) and the accomodation block - third floor is the one - Chinese count the ground floor as "floor one".

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
congrats on the getting your factory space
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Very Nice work Mike !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Looks amazing Mike looking forward to your updates

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Awesome stuff Mike.. look forward to having coffee in the board room

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Awesome stuff Mike.. look forward to having coffee in the board room

And I look forward to a scotch in the board room ;)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Did you end up finding those two KISS pinballs in one of the rooms / dorms / offices / boardrooms / sheds / store rooms / showrooms / factory floors ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Did you end up finding those two KISS pinballs in one of the rooms / dorms / offices / boardrooms / sheds / store rooms / showrooms / factory floors ?

Only two? How many do you want - we are in China, anything is possible............. %.%

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Factory looks good, not that I would know what makes a good factory or not.
Any news on the game?
 @@^

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Factory looks good, not that I would know what makes a good factory or not.
Any news on the game?
 @@^

The only thing I am able to reveal at this point is that I have secured one of the smartest programmers on the planet - this guy blows all of the other pinball programmers away and I am not saying that lightly nor am I saying it to take away anything from the excellent guys out there - it's just that this guy is by far and away so far ahead of them all it is simply amazing!

More about it when I am able to......