Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 96866 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
damn it, had no idea this was all happening, is there still the thousand dollar deposit option ?
Since69

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
damn it, had no idea this was all happening, is there still the thousand dollar deposit option ?

Sorry, all pre-order deals are finished. Finished units will be available soon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:52:26 PM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia

Sorry, all pre-order deals are finished. Finished units will be available soon.

The success of a Chinese manufactured pinball machine under close Western management will be the biggest news in pinball since Williams closed down in 1999.

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
I am looking forward to see what Thunderbirds looks and plays like.
I never thought I would buy a machine without knowing anything about it except the name and theme.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:58:36 PM by Wiked »

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
The first episode was very disappointing, I hope the show improves over time but this rehash is nowhere near as exciting and fun as the original.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Hey Mike, I got the email regarding the TAG licencing agreement
Not needed
You have been doing public instilations of stuff for years, you know that approvals need to be obtained .
 I know that you know your stuff

Just get on with building the game!!!!!!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Similar to the old DE way from the look of it? Always preferred that as makes it a lot easier to service.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
On the first day, Mike built a power supply. On the second day Mike built a bumper mechanism...  The seventh day is coming folks!

This is first part of the playfield that has been unvealied.  You heard this from me first: I'd say that we now know that there is at least one bumper in Thunderbirds!

Um, maybe back to square one.  Thunderbirds may have no bumpers - this mechanism may be for future games (like Playboy?).  Damn - back to the guessing game. :tumble:

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

Similar to the old DE way from the look of it? Always preferred that as makes it a lot easier to service.

We have also incorporated a bracket and automotive quality 10 pin socket on the side of the plastic frame (not shown in this pic) and ALL wiring goes through this plug.

4 screws and one plug and the entire mech is in your hand!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

We have also incorporated a bracket and automotive quality 10 pin socket on the side of the plastic frame (not shown in this pic) and ALL wiring goes through this plug.

Nice!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia

Back to being serious for me...

Why 10 pins?  Two for the coil, two for the switch, two for the bumper light.  A common ground would reduce the count, but how would you get more than 6?  Daisy chaining perhaps?

Regardless of the number of connectors, its nice to see the use of easy removable plugs.  I presume the 'automotive quality' is to ensure the regular shock and vibration doesn't pop the connector open?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Automotive connectors are made with "latches" to prevent then coming apart unless intended. They have strong mounting points/flanges and they are also more robust all round and made to carry 10A or more.

2 x coil
2 x switch
1 x lamp common
1 x lamp GI (down)
1 x PB lamp
1 x flash (high power)
2 x spare as this was the best one that suited this application

Back to being serious for me...

Why 10 pins?  Two for the coil, two for the switch, two for the bumper light.  A common ground would reduce the count, but how would you get more than 6?  Daisy chaining perhaps?

Regardless of the number of connectors, its nice to see the use of easy removable plugs.  I presume the 'automotive quality' is to ensure the regular shock and vibration doesn't pop the connector open?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Pop bumper repairs on a bench at a comfortable height without un soldering it  ^^^ #*#.

My body thanks you!!