Author Topic: Zaccaria Pinball  (Read 6845 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Zaccaria Pinball
« on: April 11, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »
Stumbled across this app for iphone and ipad on the app store.

It is $1.99 and comes with the Time Machine table, Locomotion and Devil Rider are available to purchase also for $1.99 each. They are going to make 27 Zaccaria tables in total with 3 available now.

There are add ons available for it as well,

Light and dark mode - Has the effect of playing in lit room vs a darker room, this looks quite good.
+2 ball - Exactly that, gives the option to play 5 ball games instead of 3 ball.
Ball Pack - Different looking balls. Default, Metal, Marble, Granite and Glass
Flipper Pack - Different coloured Flipper Bats. Default, Green, Orange, Pink and Yellow

There is a pack to buy all the tables that they will make and all other available add ons for $36.99. They do mention that the earlier you buy the pack the cheaper it will be, so while there are 3 tables out it is $36.99 but when the next table comes out it will (i assume) go up in price as more tables are released.

I got the game just 2 days ago and it was free for limited time and may still be now? I decided to purchase the whole pack! Bit risky but i figure if they deliver on all 27 tables then i paid a total of $37 for them, plus it will be nice to just download the tables as they get released and not to have to pay for them.

The physics are quite good, not as good as Zen Pinball or Pinball Arcade but they are close. I actually think it is fine except for when the ball hits the flippers, it just stops dead as if there were no rubbers there. They have put up a video showing an update that they have given to apple to approve and it looks much better. So with this update i think it will be just as good as ZP and PA.

So far there are only 9 visible games that they will be making and they are......

Locomotion
Time Machine
Devil Riders
Pinball Champ 82
Farfalla
Clown
Robot
Hot Wheels
Space Shuttle

See it in the app store HERE

Promo Video

Physics demo

Definitely worth a look!

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: Zaccaria Pinball
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »
New udpate out today! Added physics improvements and a new table.

Pinball Champ 82 table now available. Don't know the price but i assume $1.99 like the others, not sure if the Gold package price went up or not?

Farfalla and Clown should be the next two tables released.

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
 @.@ I can't believe I just bought an IPAD to play these as Zacs are VERY cool pinball machines and the chance to own these titles is slim.
Very nice simulation and a joy to own-good find. ^^^
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »
@.@ I can't believe I just bought an IPAD to play these as Zacs are VERY cool pinball machines and the chance to own these titles is slim.
Very nice simulation and a joy to own-good find. ^^^

Now that is dedication to the game  :lol  How does the Zac emulation compare to the pinball arcade emulation?

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »
PA is much better at the physics, graphics, in fact all round and being on a smaller screen is a downer for the ZAC emulation. PA all the way. Still worthwhile purchase though  ^^^
I didn't just buy the iPAD for pinball emulations though as I actually bought for photographing my small scale pinball resto jobs( sick of running back and forth to the computer to double check stuff) and to play music while working on them.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
I just downloaded the free zac table, agree with what you said, physics a little out, but still good to see someone dedicated to emulate the zac tables