Author Topic: Addams Family playfield  (Read 343 times)

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Addams Family playfield
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:03:57 PM »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Addams-Family-Pinball-Playfield-/231321940389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item35dbdcb1a5

Just saw this restored Addams playfield on ebay. Just wanting anyones thoughts on the chances of this playfield being reproduced in the foreseeable future and whether this looks like a reasonable buy at the listed price.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:28:41 PM by DSB »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Addams Family playfield
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 08:23:01 PM »
I think it will be reproduced at some point. There are some hoops to go through, and I did hear that the sticking point was the owner of the IP of "thing" and the actor that portrays Fester.

When you see a bunch of them on eBay in the same month or two, then I'd expect them to be reproduced.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »
Did you get a good look at the shooter lane of the restored playfield?

Yes, it will be reproduced. They will probably be around the $900 price point anyway given the demand.

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
Unfortunately I can't see them being remade again.  Reproduction playfields come up, but unfortunately you need deep pockets.  

I'm now down to my last repro playfield and it's going into my own machine, which I won't be selling this time after a full restoration.

That one on eBay has numerous decals on it, mansion, every insert, right lane where ball drops from ramp, chair scoop etc.  Decals for me are an absolute last resort on playfield restorations, just my 2c.

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »
Did you get a good look at the shooter lane of the restored playfield?

Yes, it will be reproduced. They will probably be around the $900 price point anyway given the demand.

Just had a look at my files and from when IPB were selling them the first lot cost me $800 AUS each landed and then the last lot cost me $1100 AUS each landed.

I'd guess that given the licencing issues with this title, that should it ever get remade again we will be well and truly shafted with pricing.  Thou I still don't think it will be redone  !!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:00:35 PM by humpalot »

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
Yeah. I saw the the shooter lane but not the overlays, thanks. I have a professionally restored field in my machine( no overlays on mine) which I am super happy with. It would be nice to have a repo tucked away for the distance future if required though. I think I'll be patient and wait a see if they are remade as I'm one to never say never. Plenty of games left in mine till then.  *%*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
2 pac over the air bubbles to seal them in???