Author Topic: pinball prices  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: pinball prices
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 06:56:43 PM »
the dealers on E-bay have turned it into a joke
the same machines listed week after week
I don't even bother looking more than once a week (if that)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »
the dealers on E-bay have turned it into a joke
the same machines listed week after week
I don't even bother looking more than once a week (if that)

The "don't care" factor works against them. Buyers are a lot more educated these days. Repeat listings just add to the reputation. If a game is continually relisted, then it suggests the seller price is too high, or that the workmanship is so poor that the inventory does not sell. I think relisting the games is part of their business acumen of convincing themselves that they know the product and the market. I'm not complaining, other than eBay games often hit my workshop, so I should be grateful  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 04:15:27 AM »
No Nino, these guys are not doing you or anyone else a favor
The average buyer does not understand the difference between you and dodgy Steve, all they know is they spent big money on something that never works

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
Never heard of Dodgy Steve... has he got machines to sell?? Do you have his contact details at all??.. Bet he is Melb based and shipping will be the killer...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
The average buyer does not understand the difference between you and dodgy Steve, all they know is they spent big money on something that never works

Pete - They are giving me extra work, which I don't need, but I'm grateful for ! Unfortunately, fleabay works against buyers. They buy the over priced machines off eBay, leave feedback and then they do their homework only to find out that they over paid and didn't get what they thought they would. Some buyers still but "projects" in the hope that they just need rubbers and a clean. Then reality hits. Some are buying "restored" games, and I'm finding second hand flipper kits that have been in a tumbler (not replaced as specified) and pop bumper bodies etc filthy - not replaced. Boards have dodgy repairs.

I think the hardest part of my job is answering the phone and listening to the customer's buying experience. I think that machines should be priced at the standard that they are presented in. But we all know that won't happen !

The best part of my job is watching the customer become part of the learning process. At the end of the day, all they want to do is pay fair prices for games sold as described.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »
Never heard of Dodgy Steve... has he got machines to sell?? Do you have his contact details at all??.. Bet he is Melb based and shipping will be the killer...
I'm offended, my business name is 'dodgy Robs' and come one, come all and see the wonderful space invaders pinball for only $7999. Yes under 8k for this beauty. But wait there's more...... you get free of charge seconds, if not minutes of trouble free play before I change my phone number.

All my games come with a patented power saving mode that you'll see the savings on your next power bill. No matter how hard you try, you won't get this baby to power up.

So call me.... call me now on 0555 4234 our operators are waiting.  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »
I'm offended, my business name is 'dodgy Robs' and come one, come all and see the wonderful space invaders pinball for only $7999. Yes under 8k for this beauty. But wait there's more...... you get free of charge seconds, if not minutes of trouble free play before I change my phone number.

All my games come with a patented power saving mode that you'll see the savings on your next power bill. No matter how hard you try, you won't get this baby to power up.

%.% %.% %.%

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 07:56:20 PM »

I see that your operators are standing by, maybe they should stop standing and answer the phone????

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »

Now Rob, to show the true nerds, geeks people amongst us here, if you had listed your phone number as 555-6969, I'd be interested to see if anyone can pick where that was from?!  ()

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »

So call me.... call me now on 0555 4234 our operators are waiting.  ^^^

Now Rob, to show the true nerds, geeks people amongst us here, if you had listed your phone number as 555-6969, I'd be interested to see if anyone can pick where that was from?!  ()

Ken Sent Me.

Buy prophylactic.

Have I achieved nerd status?  #@#

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:50:17 PM by pinsanity »

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re:
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
Alt-X if I remember correctly to bypass that pesky age verification....  Ahh the memories..

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »
EDIT: Don't give it away just yet.  #@#

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:55:27 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 09:44:26 PM »

Unfortunately, fleabay works against buyers. They buy the over priced machines off eBay, leave feedback and then they do their homework only to find out that they over paid and didn't get what they thought they would.

You just described my first purchase Nino. I way over paid considering the condition and it took me about a month to find out just how badly I'd been ripped off as I really didn't know the full extent of what was wrong until I found someone to help me fix it. It ended up costing me around $1000 in parts and a lot of heartache to get it working properly. Fortunately I meet Pintoxicated (Blair) who lives in my area and he helped me get it all working or it would have cost me a lot more again in time and labour.
Unfortunately it seems to be a very common initiation into the pinball hobby.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 09:47:34 PM »

It sounds like an opportunity to good to pass by Rob. Will you do $7800 off eBay and throw in a set of steak knifes?  :lol

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 09:53:58 PM »

So call me.... call me now on 0555 4234 our operators are waiting.  ^^^

It sounds like an opportunity to good to pass by Rob. Will you do $7800 off eBay and throw in a set of steak knifes?  :lol
No but I'll throw in a leisure suit with Larry embroided on it.  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium