Author Topic: pinball prices  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: pinball prices
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 09:56:42 PM »
No but I'll throw in a leisure suit with Larry embroided on it.  @.@

Deal! Now I'll have a spare!  :D

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 10:39:27 PM »
You just described my first purchase Nino. I way over paid considering the condition and it took me about a month to find out just how badly I'd been ripped off as I really didn't know the full extent of what was wrong until I found someone to help me fix it. It ended up costing me around $1000 in parts and a lot of heartache to get it working properly. Fortunately I meet Pintoxicated (Blair) who lives in my area and he helped me get it all working or it would have cost me a lot more again in time and labour.
Unfortunately it seems to be a very common initiation into the pinball hobby.
[/quote]

+1
I was totally done over buy a dealer in NSW  
the pin was not even worth the parts ...
and i scraped it
I have keep some parts for a future pin ..  maybe

I still wanted one so bad
then i purchased another...
and this was my holy grail ...

but now i am over it ..

I have fully had the all boards repaired
and have spend the time to re rubber this  
after i made the decision to move it on

should off rang that 0055 number it would of been cheaper but the wife would of thought... *)*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:57:34 PM by pinoffski »

Offline soundasleep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 08:05:43 AM »
Interesting reading over people's stories. I had a similar situation where I was so keen to own a pin and attempt to restore it I ended up with a machine that was way beyond my capabilities and not worth anywhere near what I paid for it.

Second attempt I bought a bunch of projects - gutted the Junkers, shopped one that was essentially complete and ended up selling the rest as Id a) lost interest in learning repairs and b) needed the space bag.

The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth, but fortunately I had the help of a mate who knows his pins and several cluey people here help out.

I can imagine "Joe Citizen" getting screwed over and deciding owning a pinnie is more trouble than it's worth. Which would really suck :(

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2014, 06:12:56 AM »

Never heard of Dodgy Steve... has he got machines to sell?? Do you have his contact details at all??.. Bet he is Melb based and shipping will be the killer...
I'm offended, my business name is 'dodgy Robs' and come one, come all and see the wonderful space invaders pinball for only $7999. Yes under 8k for this beauty. But wait there's more...... you get free of charge seconds, if not minutes of trouble free play before I change my phone number.

All my games come with a patented power saving mode that you'll see the savings on your next power bill. No matter how hard you try, you won't get this baby to power up.

So call me.... call me now on 0555 4234 our operators are waiting.  ^^^

It sounds like an opportunity to good to pass by Rob. Will you do $7800 off eBay and throw in a set of steak knifes?  :lol
No but I'll throw in a leisure suit with Larry embroided on it.  @.@

What about some dental floss to make a bikini from?  :lol