Author Topic: Aussie Pin that never got built - Croc Hunter  (Read 17714 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Aussie Pin that never got built - Croc Hunter
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 08:15:16 AM »
The theme of this game would have been like going to the Australia Zoo, and ther-in lys the problem.

How many times do u visit a Zoo each year before u get bored n think that will do it for another year or two. And why do people go to the Zoo, for the young kids....So, to me, playing this machine would have become very old very quickly in my mind.

Steve was a great ambassador for wildlife n charity etc etc, but how many times could you hear the pinball machine say Crikey, or snake, or crocodile before u would want to turn it off.

The Americans would probably liked the Aussie Wild Bush n Zoo theme alot more because it is new n different to them, but to Aussies, this title would have become a kids corner machine, with adults probably turning their nose up at it rather quickly. just my 2 cents worth.

It seemed to fit 12 and 15 yr old kids alot better like the Ranger Stacey show in the arfternoon 3pm time slot for young girls who want to save dolphins and work at the vet when they grow up....I never thought it would do well here no matter what cause the theme was too Australian n therefore a bit too predictable.....

anyone else think the same ...??  !@# !@#

I would have to disagree, as that is an odd comparison, I have a creature pinball based on a CFTBL movie and played it probably over 1000 times since owning, of course I wouldn't watch the movie 1000 times but the game is just that a game. We all turn on a game trying to reach the ultimate goal and enjoy the rule set and beat it.

Steve was loved by the US and Aussies and I travelled at the time pre kids to pay my respects and visit and checked out his zoo, what a top aussie.

For me I would love this pin as it would be based on something Aussie and has potential for some fun playfield toys.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts