Author Topic: Aussie Pin that never got built - Croc Hunter  (Read 17702 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Aussie Pin that never got built - Croc Hunter
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »
I would have to disagree, as that is an odd comparison, I have a creature pinball based on a CFTBL movie and played it probably over 1000 times since owning, of course I wouldn't watch the movie 1000 times but the game is just that a game. We all turn on a game trying to reach the ultimate goal and enjoy the rule set and beat it.

Steve was loved by the US and Aussies and I travelled at the time pre kids to pay my respects and visit and checked out his zoo, what a top aussie.

For me I would love this pin as it would be based on something Aussie and has potential for some fun playfield toys.

Agree with swinks.

Crocodile Hunter was far more popular in the US than Australia and to his credit WG at least had the foresight to see that you don't eliminate the largest pinball market on the planet when you are trying to build a machine from scratch.  

It may not have sold as well in Australia, but some people really need to start accepting that Australia is a drop in the ocean in terms of total new pinball sales.

Plus Crocodile Hunter to its credit, at least had the ability to be multi-generational as swinks has shown - something that WOZ has also tried to achieve.

There was a lot of bad blood the day the WMS rights landed on Australian soil. I don't think Croc Hunter would have been a hit as much as a Crocodile Dundee. Regarding the MM remake, I understand that people who bought into the project were paid their deposit upon request. That's a lot better than other games from other distributors who are still fighting for their deposits today !

Funnily enough, the private members forum for the original MM remake is still ticking along (albeit slowly).

It seems there are a few diehards hanging in there.

From what I have heard, less than a dozen.

Last post was April 18.

I guess there are only so many ways you can post pictures of troll heads before people decide to jump ship.  &&

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:07:13 PM by pinsanity »