Author Topic: Aussie Pin that never got built - Croc Hunter  (Read 17830 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: Aussie Pin that never got built - Croc Hunter
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
There was a lot of bad blood the day the WMS rights landed on Australian soil. I don't think Croc Hunter would have been a hit as much as a Crocodile Dundee. Regarding the MM remake, I understand that people who bought into the project were paid their deposit upon request. That's a lot better than other games from other distributors who are still fighting for their deposits today !
Personally I don't think bad blood due to nationalism entered into but a handful of minds. I doubt reasonable people cared where the ownership lie as long as pinball moved forward. Therein lies the issue I think. Again, it was RGP and lots of volatile personalities and all that so who knows, but the way the scene was portrayed was that Wayne G. seemed to be spending a ton of time filtering through the internet to find targets for sending legal proof of a coveting obsession rather than focusing on the MM remake or even distributing parts so folks could keep their hobby chugging along. Whatever the truth is, it was evident that he was buried in enough distraction that no big pinball project of his stood a chance of reaching fruition. If all who asked got their deposits back, at least the guy deserves credit for not being a thief.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.