Author Topic: not pinball.but manufacture in china  (Read 3213 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
not pinball.but manufacture in china
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »

i was shocked. !@)
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: not pinball.but manufacture in china
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »
Why be shocked - Apple are ONLY interested in the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that in mind when dealing with "new" pinball manufacturers
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
Why be shocked - Apple are ONLY interested in the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that in mind when dealing with "new" pinball manufacturers

Everyone in business is only interested in money.
Same old same old.
 ::)
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »
Not "everyone" at all...

Same old same old.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:44 AM »
Not "everyone" at all...

Same old same old.

Yeah right, all the others do it for the love and give the profits to charity.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »

What do employees do with their salaries - donate that to charity? Why is that any different?

My employee wage bill is way bigger than the "profit" at the end of the day left to me. In fact just yesterday my partner and I discussed that we could restructure and make a lot more without the employees. But we enjoy the company of good people, enjoy being part of the economy and rewarding the people that work with us, its part of our "social fabric", and therefore more important than the money.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
parts, things all have to be made somewhere, as for apple - designed in the US and made in the China and many other places, which I am sure most other electronic parts are made these days, if it wasn't apple with the expensive product it would be samsung, orange, whoever

and agree with CC, businesses do it for the money (lifestyle) etc and because they don't want to work for someone else (lifestyle) and wish there were more people like pinnies4me as I recently was one of those sacrificed in a re-structure.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
Doesn't shock me at all.

Different culture and different cost of living = different work ethic and different workplace standards.

The alternative would be to go back to the family farm and eke out a hand to mouth existence living well below the poverty line.

Foreign tech capital investment into China is one of the best stimulants for that countries rapidly emerging middle class and I very much hope it continues.

Here in Australia, IR and workplace laws are very much in favour of the employee (and it is easy to develop a complacent attitude to something you are used to), so it is easy to be shocked when you see workplace standards that are "worlds apart" from ours.

Try setting up an assembly line/manufacturing plant for a mass produced low tech consumer product like that in Australia and you would be insolvent in 12 months. The average employee wage and minimum workplace conditions would make it unviable.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:32:14 PM by pinsanity »

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
Working in the electronics industry my workplace is almost the same.However the massive demand dictates the number of workers and procedure.

Sure we have a production line, with people doing repetative tasks but we don't make millions of the one product. Our batch runs are normally around 1000 units maximum.

It was interesting for me to watch as it shows two things that are common in almost every industry, unskilled labour is cheap and the work force replaceable. Hell my work uses labour hire staff when we get large orders then the time comes and we send them back. Labour is cheap in China as the cost of living is lower.

Sure it looks like it's slave driven type work, but in 4-6 months there will be new version of the iphone/pad and they will still package them on the same line.
Somthing that a machine could do in half the time however the build time of the machine would be as long as the product life. giving people jobsis better for me. ^^^

Simon.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »

Several of the major banks now have their mortgage documents prepared in India. The borrower customer doesn't see this - loans officerbroker arranges the loan approval process, a central area sends instructions by email to the Bangalore mortgage preparation area that prepares all of the documents, and emails then back to the lending officer/broker.

So even legal work (albeit at the lower skill end) is going offshore these days.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
17% leave loading.. forced increase in company superannuation contributions... paid leave.. long service pay... sick pay... health and safety re -regulation... wages tax... maternity leave etc etc etc...

Yes I know.. its what many think makes this country lucky, but the truth is that Australia is no longer isolated from the rest of the world and all the items listed above make having anything made in this country too expensive.
Ford aren't closing the doors because they are going broke.. they are closing because the workers get too much and its just not profitable anymore.

Just to add that I had never heard of Leave loading and 10 year long service pay before moving to this country... couldn't bloody believe it when I took a holiday and earned more than if id done a weeks work....

Bloody hilarious!

Offline ghali

• Forum Posts:
  • Kingsbury VIC
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »
I must confess that I get 20% leave loading, 5 weeks paid leave per year, guaranteed 'short jobs' (<6hrs w/8hrs pay), 15 sickies and paid meal breaks. Of course, I don't complain about this. 
Although, I also have one of the few jobs here that due to penalty rates gets paid less when on leave. 
It's also recession / depression proof.

I do, however, totally agree that our countries workers 'benefits' and 'minimum wages' have killed the manufacturing industry (And many others) in Australia. And that aint funky.
VUK you!

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »
I think i may have opened an "australian" can of worms.such a grate topic. :D
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you