Author Topic: Embryon resto  (Read 2054 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Embryon resto
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 04:23:21 PM »
Thanks guys was hoping didn't have to go os for this and slow down the progress. Getting close to finishing the underneath. Top side shouldn't take long either.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 09:18:09 PM »
Having an issue with the star roll overs sticking. 2 of the 3 stay down quite easily. Wondering whether I need to file via a bit of sand paper to fix the problem. Would it be the star or the insert or the shaft/hole of the mech?

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
I'd say it's just the playfield clear coat needing to be cleaned out a bit more from the star rollover inserts. Very common with all clear coated playfield's. I use a scalpel ( available at hobbie stores) and carefully cut the extra clear from between the star rollover insert. It can take a while to get them right. Once you think you have it check the clearance with the white star plastic upside down so you don't damage the little clips on the underside of the insert by pulling it in and out to much.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
I'd say it's just the playfield clear coat needing to be cleaned out a bit more from the star rollover inserts. Very common with all clear coated playfield's. I use a scalpel ( available at hobbie stores) and carefully cut the extra clear from between the star rollover insert. It can take a while to get them right. Once you think you have it check the clearance with the white star plastic upside down so you don't damage the little clips on the underside of the insert by pulling it in and out to much.
damn I was hoping to not remove the white stars, that's how they break  @.@ thanks mate

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 11:08:12 AM »
Close to completion all going well, but I thought I'd mention anything that might help the other guys putting together their restored pf. I decided to replace the 555 globe holders with 44 bayonets. However I have left the original holders for the following

1 the flasher globes as have no quick idea on what holder to replace them with; need to look at a T2 backglass holder??
2 kept the original holder for the globe near the little flipper triangular red insert. Any bayonet I tried would get in the way of the flipper mech rotation.

I hope this helps in either sourcing different holders or saving time in not removing the originals

Also I have used blue flipper bats that are a little larger and can foul on the s/steel guides, so had to grind a little off