Author Topic: Who has built a mame pinball cabinet ????  (Read 34500 times)

Offline Dozer316

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Who has built a mame pinball cabinet ????
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
This is a core I7 running at 4ghz with an Nvidia GTX680.  Before the emulator was recently ported to directx9 you needed a tonne of power to run this emulation but that has changed slightly recently although I haven't tested it on lower end hardware.

Here's a quick demo of MM running on my test cab.

This cabinet has 2 ledwiz boards - Rom Controlled GI, flashers, a shaker motor and two gear motors to simulate ramps lifting, bookcases opening etc.
The backglass animation and lighting is rom controlled as well.  Most of the switches on the playfield also provide force feedback along with the solenoids or flippers, pops and slings.

Along with a friend in Canada, we're currently looking at launching a virtual pinball specific base for electronics here locally in the next couple of months.

It will include all the stuff to get this running including some alternatives to Ledwiz boards and some cool stuff that hasn't been released yet including Artnet DMX
controller boards for animated led strips etc and some good force feedback alternatives to the current super expensive contactors.  As I said, feel free to quiz me on anything related to this stuff.

Dozer.

That looks fantastic.  ^^^

Ball flow looks smooth with no stutter.

What are your pc specs?