Aussie Pinball Forums > Pinball Emulation

Who has built a mame pinball cabinet ????

(1/9) > >>

swinks:
I have been considering building a mame pinball for a while and when I say the potential of the bar being risen with the incredible graphics of Pro Pinball, I am even more keen as there are going to be designing a pinball cabinet view.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0

I am wondering who here has one of these and who has built their own?

Also cabinet won't be a issue and as for controls you could use one of these or remove the components and merge into a full size cabinet

http://www.ntekgaming.com/pinball-wizard.php

The daunting thing where do you start, virtual pinball, hyper, etc

interested to hear from people who have one or built one.

As for the others, yes I know it's not real pinball, but I think it may be less maintenance  ^^^ and allow you to play other games that you either will never play or custom games like what Pro Pinball want to do.

howzat:
Hi Jady
Im, or should I say    Mitch is just starting to build a VP for me.    After seeing a lot  of post about it  and being able to acess heaps of games that I would love to play, past

and   present  I think that it is a good alternative for me   [    I HOPE   ]

Ive never played one before    there was one at Pinfest  but it wasnt switched on, so that wasnt any help.   I guess its like taking a great leap of faith     but after watching what is avaiable    to play its won me over

My 12 yrs son Pat has no intrest in any of my pins  as he is into batman /superman games ,  so these will be the 1st games to be put on to the new game  and Pat will help my dad  build the computer to drive it .

The cab graphics will have pics of Bat/superman ect  and hopefully Pat can help to design them  ^^^
As we go through the build we can post some pics  for any one who is interested...   I reckon that Im in for a very very steep learning curve     Howzat

dealers choice:
Hey Jady. after our chat yesterday and seing your design, I am definately more interested than I was before.I think it'll work out well

soundasleep:
Anybody in Melbourne or Cowra who would like a hands on let me know :)

Dozer316:
I've built a heap of them including mini's and full size cabinets.

Depending on how far you want to take it I can help with any questions on the basics right up to the cool stuff like rom controlled force feedback / flashers etc. if you choose to use either of the two (soon to be 3) emulators that support these technologies.

3D nudging using accelerometers / tilt bobs etc / interfacing real DMD displays, Animated rom controlled backglass lighting etc.

They'll never be the real thing, but with the right addons and some of the new physics code being written for Visual Pinball they're getting better and better.

Just fire away.

Dozer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version