Author Topic: Barely played keeper pins  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Barely played keeper pins
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one here but who else has a game they barely play any more but regardless you will never let it go? For me DE StarWars doesn't get much play these days, I do still enjoy a game on it but just not that regularly any more.

The reason/s it's not going anywhere is because it was my first pin and it was also my favourite game back in the arcade days. It's also the game my kids friends gravitate to when they have a game and besides that my wife brought it for me for my Birthday so I wouldn't be allowed to sell it even if I did want to.  %.%  But really it's the sentimental feelings I have for the game when I look at it and when I play it, I just couldn't let that go.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Barely played keeper pins
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
My jungle princess is an all time keeper I haven't played it in years but its never leaving my collection.

Strikes and spares is another one never played but ill never let it go

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »
Time Warp for me - hardly ever play, but it was the arcade favorite and the first game I bought because of that, so too much history to ever sell.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
Stern Stingray for me, it was the first pin i bought so is a keeper for that reason 
It hardly gets much use lately but when it does get played its a fun, solid and reliable game  *%*

Wms Stellar Wars and Stern Galaxy are they both are in desperate need of Pf restores so neither of them see much use, but they will once done  *%* *%*

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 12:33:48 AM »
AFM - too much resto $$$ spent on it, and knowing it is too hard to find a replacement in decent condition (or any condition for that matter).

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »
Flash, bought it in 1980 for $500. Not my favourite at the time but nevertheless a keeper.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Hashman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »
RFM. I'll never get rid of it but I play it the least. Maybe because game times seem so long. Kids and friends would kill me if I moved it on.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »
Probably my Williams Lady Luck . Very unusual game and my 1st resto so I have spent too much on it .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »
None of my keepers are in playable condition except Paragon and Fireball. I will never sell either of these two machines. Paragon is an awesome player and sentimental for me as it was NIB and I was 11 years old when it was unboxed and placed on location. Nip It and Spirit of 76 will never be sold, as they were titles that Dad operated and I remember them both in a Hotel location in Ascot Vale and at Melbourne Uni Cafe (across the road). I won't sell Fathom, Haunted House, Spirit or Black Hole. Being a KISS fan, that will never go. I love Cirqus Voltaire, so that would be unlikely as well.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
For me all my 5 games have sentimal value   and fun memories  Ive collected them as they have become avaiable  so I need to keep them 

Secret Service is the only one I had not played before so one day it may be moved on for something eles 

Im or should I say Mitch is building a Hyperpin and Im after mainly Ems    and SS from my past    I only have room for 6 games          Howzat

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »
So far all mine are keepers as I don't know what it feels like to sell a game. Seeing all the nibs maybe I should consider moving on a couple but which ones  ^&^

I might wait until I see an absolute must have new release, Metallica nearly got me thinking hard.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »
So far all mine are keepers as I don't know what it feels like to sell a game. Seeing all the nibs maybe I should consider moving on a couple but which ones  ^&^

I might wait until I see an absolute must have new release, Metallica nearly got me thinking hard.

I really love the early 80's Bally machines and system 1 Gottliebs but after playing Peter (Gorgar's) Metallica, I too think a Metallica would fit nicely amounst my collection. Fantastic fun game. I couldn't get enough if the Sparky multiball and the inline drop targets are awesome.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 11:46:28 PM »

I really love the early 80's Bally machines and system 1 Gottliebs but after playing Peter (Gorgar's) Metallica, I too think a Metallica would fit nicely amounst my collection. Fantastic fun game. I couldn't get enough if the Sparky multiball and the inline drop targets are awesome.
yep kept laughing at Sparky and Peter looks like he hasn't tired of it. He kept chuckling while I was playing. Really nice game to look at too. I liked all three games of his, acdc kicked my arse though.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Fridgy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »
I don't play my TOTAN so much anymore. Paid too much for it and pumped a heap of cash into restoring it so that makes it hard. I want to play everything though and to afford that I guess machines will need to move. @.@