Author Topic: Pins ready to play  (Read 410 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Pins ready to play
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »
This is a question to you guys with larger collections. Are all of your games set up to play or are some stashed away? If you have any put away are they rotated often or are they packed away and forgotten? I'm just wondering because as my own small collection grows I start to think about a time when space is an issue.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Pins ready to play
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
I have room for 11 games all up, and have gained space for two recently, so 9 are playable ATM. I don't have any stored as such, but have a Joker Poker at a mate's place, and Flipper Football at my mother's place (and yes, she plays it often).

I decided that I would keep my collection to only the area I have space for, otherwise, being a hoarder by nature, I would definately need storage space!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
My situation is different and frustrating at times. I don't get time to restore my own games, and as time goes on, I collect more games that I "think" are keepers !

My plan is that once I've relocated, I'll spend weekdays doing "work" machines, and weekends doing my own. I am a hoarder by nature, and I'll just keep buying pins for the business and picking the odd one out to add to my collection. But if I don't start MY games soon, I'll be too old to enjoy them !

What I look forward to doing is setting up my showroom to have MY pins to play as well as the shop stock. My holy grails will stay at my place..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:16 AM »
Thanks for bringing up the topic as I have always pondered the thought. It's good to see others have ideas. I'm running out of room, but figure when the day comes, I'm afraid I'll have to put the wife into storage. I know it will be a sad day but hey, I did warn her. I'm sure she'll find it comfortable enough once the weather fines up.

I figure I'd see her again in a couple of years in the rotation process
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:06:25 AM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »

I figure I'd see her again in a couple of years in the rotation process

Don't forget to take the batteries out, you'd hate her to leak.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GAP

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
I have room for 17 machines to be set up for playing (6 in the shed and 11 in three rooms of the house). At the moment I have 11 inside and 5 in the shed with another 2 being restored (Centaur II and High Seas), Family Guy is at my Brother's place alongside his Simpsons Pinball Party and The Flintstones is at the inlaw's for their grandkids to play.
When I (eventually) finish both restorations something will have to go  !@#  ^&^

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »
I have room for 17 machines to be set up for playing (6 in the shed and 11 in three rooms of the house). At the moment I have 11 inside and 5 in the shed with another 2 being restored (Centaur II and High Seas), Family Guy is at my Brother's place alongside his Simpsons Pinball Party and The Flintstones is at the inlaw's for their grandkids to play.
When I (eventually) finish both restorations something will have to go  !@#  ^&^

Three rooms in the house, that's fantastic! I'm limited to an area of the games room my wife deems appropriate and then it'll be garage. ( not that I'm under the thumb  !@)    ) next steep from there will be in one of my sheds at work. Plenty of room there but I wouldn't get to enjoy the casual game as I walk by if I but them there. Maybe time for another Reno! But I'd have to knock the neighbours house down to do it.  :D

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 10:51:51 PM »
I have 11 setup in the line up at all times and usually another 1-4 setup around the shed.  Also have some stored in the garden shed and at family members houses

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 08:15:40 AM »
I have 5 in one room in our home. All working , but needed to use that room for storage. Can only get to one to play.
. Have 2 in a back room , only 1 working at the moment.
2 in the garage both not working. 1 is an em , i was going to sell it or part it out.
1 in my home office
1 on location at a local pub. I hope to put another 1 at another pub soon.

Shed to be built.
Will be games room and workshop. Havent decided the size yet. The bigger the better . I have a larger area i can use.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Thanks for the thread lol I worked out I could comfortably fit 10 pinballs in and my two arcades :-) all I need now is the cash lol

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
Thanks for the thread lol I worked out I could comfortably fit 10 pinballs in and my two arcades :-) all I need now is the cash lol

Peter

Who said that pinball arcades are dead? They are alive and thriving! The only change is that they are now known as "private arcades".
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GAP

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 06:18:10 PM »
Thought I would throw up a few pics of the machines that are set up inside.
First pic is the "Monster" room.
Second is the end of the theatre room.
Third is the "Formal" pin room (was the formal dine).

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »
That's a great collection there GAP

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts: