Author Topic: Monster Bash get ColorDMD  (Read 336 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Monster Bash get ColorDMD
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:16:07 PM »
Randy was kind enough to allow me to pay in advance for the new DMD as I was going to be in hospital during the release last week, and it arrived Wednesday - amazingly quick!

Just installed it today, and was really happy with it. There are numerous animations that I had not really taken notice of that now really stand out and look awesome.

I have only seen this in my AFM and now MB, but they really add new life to the game, even more when you are playing more than one player and get to see them in detail.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Monster Bash get ColorDMD
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
Looks fantastic mate, look forward to a game one day  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »
I love the colorDMDs. They add more depth to the playing experience - from the visual standpoint. They are crystal clear and are amazing to watch. I'm afraid they won't be doing one for my CV  !!!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:56:55 PM »
Yeah that looks great!

I'm afraid they won't be doing one for my CV  !!!

Have they said they won't be doing CV?
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:08:54 PM »
That looks bloody cool Nick. I didn't think it would make that much difference....I was wrong.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »

Have they said they won't be doing CV?

The problem is the physical size of the LCD screen. Nino and I were talking about it this afternoon. The LCD screen is actually twice as big as the DMD. The space behind the CV backboard (as the screen is down the the playfield) won't allow for it. So unless they get custom LCDs made, it can't be done.

That looks bloody cool Nick. I didn't think it would make that much difference....I was wrong.

They really add to the fun - I think more so on AFM, but I haven't put a lot of time yet on MB to see all the animations.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
Sensational!

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »
The problem is the physical size of the LCD screen. Nino and I were talking about it this afternoon. The LCD screen is actually twice as big as the DMD. The space behind the CV backboard (as the screen is down the the playfield) won't allow for it. So unless they get custom LCDs made, it can't be done.

Yes of course. I forgot that the DMD on CV was in the playfield.  @.@
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 12:18:52 AM »
I reckon the colour dmd is a major improvement and looks great. Cant beat an full colour lcd with video but then the dmd was never designed to keep the  players eyes peeled on it otherwise you'd never get to play pinball. I must get me one when a theatre or tz comes out, although I'm guessing the improvements in graphics may not be there like on mb or afm. Well done there nick looks great and thanks for sharing.
Still loving my Metallica Premium