Author Topic: Big Brave  (Read 208 times)

Offline Pinballrocks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Big Brave
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
Hi all,

I have just got myself a Big Brave. Does anyone know where i can get a copy of the manual? Also could do with some new plastics.

Cheers Paul
:) :)      PAUL     :):)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Big Brave
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

These are not available generally as Gottlieb rights are with Pinball Resource, where you can buy the schematics etc (unless a member has a copy and can assist). Probably no manual though as these seem to have started more with the electronic age.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »
One of my two remaining games  !!! is a Big Indian project. I've had if for a few years and I do plan on restoring it once some of those other pesky priorities get done and I have time to come back to pinball... someday.... maybe.
I'm not sure how their shipping to Australia is, but I was able to get a lot of nice new parts, including plastics, drops and other targets and such for it from Pinball Resource. The rubber will probably be rotten already before I finally put it on, but I got a pretty full good rebuild kit from them and it's ready to shiny up when the day comes.

http://www.pbresource.com/bigindian.html

The Big Brave is the 2-player version of Big Indian (4-player). I'd rather have a Big Brave, but I'll keep this one I think.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline Pinballrocks

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback guys and good luck with your resto when you eventually get to it.  ^^^

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 04:35:16 AM »
I was just hanging out with my nephew's kids last night. They are both great kids and the older of the two is out of the house and doing OK (making the rent, not an addict, into geeky stuff). We got to talking about how somebody he knows has an SS Gottlieb of some kind and it gets played all the time while the multicade video sitting next to it just collects dust.
Anyway, he expressed an interest in owning a pin so I told him I'd sell him my Big Indian project for what I've got into it and advise him along the way on the restoration. I have even already gone through the head (back when I first got it) so he doesn't have to mess with all those score reels. I'll make the deal as long as he agrees that IF he ever gets rid of it I get first dibs... and a discount  &&

I guess the post-worthy news is that the machine might actually get it's earned attention and come back to life probably a decade before I would have done it myself.

He needs to gather up the purchase money first though so that should offset any head start he got vs. the time it will take for Paul to get his needed parts.

So the race is on !! Let the dirty fingers begin. Go Paul !
 #*#  #*#  #*#  #*#
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline Pinballrocks

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »
Sounds like a great plan... everyones a winner!  #*#