Author Topic: APR Update  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
APR Update
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
Just a quick update on APR..

Building - It is still in my plans to move to a large factory / warehouse in the northern Suburbs. I've decided not to utilize the smaller storage building with the planned extension. It is simply not big enough and not situated in an ideal area for me. The larger storage building (the original Pinball building built by Dad in 1975) is going to be sold. Then the factory / warehouse will be purchased. All my games will be moved to the new factory when fitted out, and then I'm selling the smaller storage building. This is a slow process, and I'm stuck using my double garage as a workshop.

Workload - Due to the limited space, and the lack of a spray booth (see above) I've fallen behind. I've had the building issues take up a lot of my time, but this will only happen "once"..So I will catch up. If there's a PM or email I've not answered for a while - resend ! I've been distracted a fair bit recently.

Restorations - My updates are well behind on customer machines. But I will catch up over the next 2 months. I'm booked out for over 18 months for the High End Restorations, but I fill in with the standard work. I have not gone near one of my games for over 2 years. Even the missus complains that there's nothing to play right now !

Repairs - I started doing house calls, but found that the machines being sold into the home market needed a lot more than just a couple of globes and a coil ! This is "on hold" until the end of October.

More machines ! - Enough for at least another 20 footer, but no room to store them. These will wait until I move.

12 months from now, I should be completely settled in the new setup. There will be some great news that will follow. I plan on regular meets and gatherings, with as many machines setup that I can muster. I just need to work through the logistical issues in the short term.

But it is "all good".. ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: APR Update
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
Good stuff Nino, all good things are worth the wait. I'm sure you'll appreciate the extra room all the more once your done.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »
I think every pin owner understands the need for a bigger shed, room, mancave etc Well except BIGDOG that man knows how to build a shed

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
All good Nino! Im sure some of us are expecting awesome things to come out of the new premises  %$%  $#$

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
Good things just take some time .

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »
Looking forward to those meets!  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »
So is this what my wife is referring to when she says that size really does matter.

Good to hear that the plan is to grow Nino.  Better having too much work than not enough.  Keep us all posted.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »
Good to hear business is booming, hopefully you can get back on top of it.  Exciting times ahead  *%*

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:05:10 AM »
Great to hear you are booked out 18 months in advance Nino . Congrats .  ^^^
I doubt many small business owners would be in that position at the moment (Tim "Hotted Rodded pin's would be another)
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
Great to hear you are booked out 18 months in advance Nino . Congrats .  ^^^
I doubt many small business owners would be in that position at the moment (Tim "Hotted Rodded pin's would be another)

It is a niche part of the industry, but the demand is growing steadily. Yesterday I had a WA customer request a High End Resto for a Paragon. That was based on the "HER" Eight Ball I completed for Ed. I can't wait to start it, but it is behind a few other games at the moment.

The bigger place will allow me to have more games setup to work on at the same time. Not sure about the showroom for a couple of years, as I don't have the luxury of pulling out a game and just restoring it until customer's games are done. 

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
Great to hear you are doing well Nino and i look forward to seeing the new setup and the meets!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »
Good luck with the new place mate
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline noj472

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat, Victoria
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »
12 months will fly by real quick Nino. I want to add to your work load hopefully some time soon as not a day goes by I don't think about that Turtles machine collecting dust in your storage shed. It is still there isn't it !@#

Anthony

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
12 months will fly by real quick Nino. I want to add to your work load hopefully some time soon as not a day goes by I don't think about that Turtles machine collecting dust in your storage shed. It is still there isn't it !@#

Anthony

Sorry mate - snapped up and will be reconditioned shortly.