Author Topic: Still in Box Monster Bash on ebay USA  (Read 570 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Still in Box Monster Bash on ebay USA
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
A NIB MM got $20k a few years ago, but with prices currently bubbling in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets very close to that (and with the right buyer perhaps even higher).

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:02:44 PM by pinsanity »

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
Surprising there are still games sitting around unopened

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
it still has the original batteries in the cpu board so after 15 years it would be safe to say the batteries have more than likely leaked.

The game has been in the carton since 1998 and while it should work when plugged in and switched, on I really don't know if it will or not. Williams used 4 AA batteries to power the memory that stored the game settings and these batteries are now 15 or so years old so their condition is unknown. No one would be able to know if a 15 year old never before operated game will work for the 1st time.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
There was a similar situation with a NIB Black Knight about 10 years ago in Canada. The new owner unpacked it, the batteries did not leak (lucky indeed) and BK booted OK after 22 years in the botx. I downloaded the photos from the web and stored somewhere. It was not disclosed what price the NIB BK sold for.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »
Amazing !

If the batteries have leaked, just buy a repro board, or a NOS board. The game was not designed to sit in a box for almost 20 years !

I'm waiting for the Ex Bally employee's relative to sell the basement full of NIB 70's SS Ballys. I'm told there's between 6 - 10 games that have never been opened - KISS, Mata Hari, Paragon ..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »
Nino, that would be phenomenal!  I could ask how on earth you had the contact for this, and how these machines have been sitting there for sol long.  Wow.  From the USA, I presume?

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »
Nino, that would be phenomenal!  I could ask how on earth you had the contact for this, and how these machines have been sitting there for sol long.  Wow.  From the USA, I presume?

Yes, I would call it a Bally Time Capsule. Who knows how many more gems like this exist around this planet.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline spriggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
There was a similar situation with a NIB Black Knight about 10 years ago in Canada. The new owner unpacked it, the batteries did not leak (lucky indeed) and BK booted OK after 22 years in the botx. I downloaded the photos from the web and stored somewhere. It was not disclosed what price the NIB BK sold for.

http://www.flippers.com/nib_bk.html

Don't know if it came from the old Time Travel Warehouse or not.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:09:44 PM by spriggy »

Offline Fridgy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »
Amazing !

If the batteries have leaked, just buy a repro board, or a NOS board. The game was not designed to sit in a box for almost 20 years !

I'm waiting for the Ex Bally employee's relative to sell the basement full of NIB 70's SS Ballys. I'm told there's between 6 - 10 games that have never been opened - KISS, Mata Hari, Paragon ..

Wow.

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
OMG

Maybe monkey see monkey do ......

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:19:23 PM by pinoffski »

Offline Gorgonzola

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »
As the sort of person who opens things carefully and keeps boxes for all sorts of things I buy incase I want to sell it on later, I think I'd need more proof that it is truly unused. Just saying it was "opened to verify contents only" and not actually being able to see much of the contents wouldn't have me convinced. :)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
As the sort of person who opens things carefully and keeps boxes for all sorts of things I buy incase I want to sell it on later, I think I'd need more proof that it is truly unused. Just saying it was "opened to verify contents only" and not actually being able to see much of the contents wouldn't have me convinced. :)

Yes. Taking another closer look at those pics, specifically the chipping around the edges of the artwork at the bottom left corner of the STTNG and the leg bolt holes of the NGG I would hazard a guess that both have been taken out of their boxes at least once, if not stood up on their legs!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »

An Ex Distributor in the USA that Dad used to buy second hand games from in the 70's and 80's. So the story goes, Dad bought NIB from the factory, then filled the container with second hand machines from this distributor. Some NIB were bought and not distributed, but kept by this guy. Dad has not spoken to him for 5 years, so I might ask if he is still around and if he still has the games.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia