Author Topic: e-go transport help advice  (Read 645 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: e-go transport help advice
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
I have never had a problem with e-go thus far but in saying that, I put 2 x con notes on the packages just in case one comes off somehow and  I smother the package in their RED ALERT pages that you can print out on every side and the top with FRAGILE CONTAINS GLASS  or similar when shipping machines. 

I have only ever strapped a machine down on a pallet once and the machine apparently turned up with no straps on it so I was out of pocket in the end.  For pinball machines, put plenty of cling wrap around them, bottom as well, and this bites into the pallet timber and the machines don't go anywhere.

I have heard of one playfield going missing which was covered by insurance in the end but putting 2 x con notes on the package should stop this happening unless it is simply stolen.

Best of luck with it. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
I used them depot to depot for my Scud Race twin unit and all went well. It is a bit concerning not having a number to call but they were great for me.

It came from Brisbane to Melbourne, dropped off Wednesday and i got the call Friday arvo saying it was here. Even better the depot was in my suburb! And they were less than half the price compared to all the other quotes i got.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
If you need to inquire direct by phone about any e-go booking you can ring the numbers on the Hunter Express transport website.

E-go is of itself merely a freight forwarding agent, Hunter Express handles all the actual logistics that are booked through e-go.

This is not promoted or mentioned anywhere on the e-go website as by eliminating an easily contactable booking call centre from their business and putting the onus largely on the customer to accurately make and track their booking online they can keep labour costs down and offer discount freight as a result.

http://www.hunterexpress.com.au/home/contact-address

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:55:33 PM by pinsanity »

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 09:50:11 PM »
I used them depot to depot for my Scud Race twin unit and all went well. It is a bit concerning not having a number to call but they were great for me.

It came from Brisbane to Melbourne, dropped off Wednesday and i got the call Friday arvo saying it was here. Even better the depot was in my suburb! And they were less than half the price compared to all the other quotes i got.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they sting you for a huge item like the scud racer?

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 10:24:15 PM »
I paid by PayPal for once, will this give me some protection if things go bad or not?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 11:32:19 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they sting you for a huge item like the scud racer?

Paid $409 with insurance all up. Next closest quote i got was $946!!

I got Scud Race for a steal (well i think so) so the freight still made it worth while.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:08 AM »
That is cheap, very surprising