Author Topic: JOKERZ restore  (Read 3895 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: JOKERZ restore
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »
Damm,

any chance you'll get your money back??

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
Damm,

any chance you'll get your money back??

i doubt it, he sold it as is and i didn't use paypal because it would have taken a week for the transfer from my bank acoount to my pay pal account. and i did look at it before i paid him, but who goes around with a straight edge and checks the pf first? oh well i will put it down to a learning experience. i have now got the playfield in a couple of long clamps and some weight in the warped area, i will just wait and see if it straightens out, i can only try.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »
Im not sure if this is advice but more of an observation.  I moved a playfield out into the sun one day leaning up against the wall and it warped maybe you could clamp it to a table and put it into the sun for a while?   But get others opinions before you try this

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »
I of course have never had the misfortune of having to do this but i've heard people steam the wood and place heavy weights on it  !@#

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:40 PM »
thanks guys, i did some web browsing on warped plywood and have found that the steaming option is probably the best.
the reason why your playfield warped in the sun is probably because they use different grades of wood when making plywood. some grades expand and contract with heat and cold easier than others, well that is what i read any way.
thanks again.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »
Yeah that makes sense. I wont be leaving any out in the sun anymore thats for sure

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
the pf is now on my workbench in the garage with weights on it, i have cleaned all the plastics, but they seem to have a brown tinge to them, i am waiting on some novus, when this arrives i will try getting the brown off with it.
the ramps came up pretty good though. the top plastic upper playfield is in a sad state, we will see if novus will get this up to scratch.
before i put the plastics in the oven to straigten them i will try and get the brown off them.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »
Those ramps came up great. Hopefully the Novus will clean up the rest. My fingers are crossed for ya

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »
I had some ramps (without decals) off my LAH which were almost identical.  I let it soak in water with lots of nifty.  Came out like new.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
Nifty and Novus - sounds like a couple of characters out of an animated movie.

The ramps already look great - can barely notice the brown tinges.

Hope the playfield works out; it sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »
its not the ramps im worried about its the minnie plastic playfield that has the brown tinge to it.
i'm pretty fussy when it comes to cleaning. if i can get it looking like new i will.
i am now in the process of pulling down the drop target assemblies and cleaning the droptargets and waxing the decals on them.
also cleaning the pcbs and opto sensors.

anyway here is the first dt assembly : one on right hasn't been done, one on the left has except for the sleeve, i need to order new ones,
thats why i haven't bolted the coil back in to place
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:00:00 PM by Beaky »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »
Im not 100% sure but there was a similar looking upper playfield in one of marks piles of crap he sold not long ago. Might be able to track down the new owner?

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »
Looking great.  Huge difference already.... ^^^  More updates and photos please!!!!!

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »
Looking great.  Huge difference already.... ^^^  More updates and photos please!!!!!
i am in the process of removing all the wear marks in all the metal guides, i should have before and after shots of these later on tonight.
I have done 2 so far and they have come up like new, they had some pretty bad wear marks on them, photos will be uploaded soon.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »

Great results, Beaky - coming along VERY nicely.

Try Novus 2 on the upper ramp - If there is no improvement, try Novus 3.

You will make a BEAST of this game yet !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia