Author Topic: And the games come in!!!  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: And the games come in!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:12 PM »
Thanks for the hand today Gavin , I really appreciate it .
Looks like we did well my friend,it was well worth the long long wait .
For members here  I will be slowly selling a few woodrails and Wedge heads , most have been hand picked .
I also have few new pinball legs to sell off too and some other odds and ends .

I also have 2 x NIB HULK LE to move if there's any interest out there .
Maybe a WOZ LE too .

We did VERY well!!!  Ive never seen machines in the condition some of those are... exceptional quality!
Pleasure was all mine.. unloading containers is a labour of love and I had to be there.
My wife loves the 3 I got... bottom of ROCKET SHIP needs replacing so I haven't set that one up.
WORLD CHAMP is exquisite..

ROCKET hasn't seen a clean since..oh.. 1959?? But it had schematics inside and a bag of balls and leg bolts.. then I found more leg bolts loose inside. These 2 games were a steal!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 12:22:42 AM »
Probably best start another thread for your WOZ Ant don't want to drag down Gavs thread but glad some more finally made it here.     As for your wood rails for sale don't do it to me man would be a divorse for sure

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:20 PM »
Games are mostly now assembled and the clean up and fault finding begins.
WORLD CHAMP.. well that's worked pretty much 100% the moment I plugged it in which in a way is disappointing as I like to dig around inside a new game.
ROCKET was filthy but an hour with a rag and some Sugar Soap saw this come up a treat... need new plastics and it looks like ill have to make my own here. Game was completely dead on start up.. nothing, not a lamp on at all. But its all dirt in the contacts and she is coming to life now.. game is very tidy.. lovely condition. A bit of wear on lower PF where most of the action takes place but other than that its in great shape..

Heres a couple of pics of my girl helping me fault find... she got the hang of the " push em up" no problems

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »
Hey Gav     well done on your new games     well worth your waite          Howzat

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
The oldies do look really good. Do you actually play them Gav? And more importantly do you consider them as challenging as say the ss & dmd games we all know or maybe more challenging?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
The oldies do look really good. Do you actually play them Gav? And more importantly do you consider them as challenging as say the ss & dmd games we all know or maybe more challenging?

Of course I play them! That's what they are here for.
As for challenging... id say a game on a woodie is far more challenging than any DMD.. objectives will never be too complicated and the idea is always to get SPECIAL and rack up a game or two or extra balls. Ball times are short and you have to react fast. WORLD CHAMP has 2" flippers that are quite wide apart and they can be a real ball drain monster but in all honesty, ive only had one game so far where the balls have drained way too fast and ive managed to go 4 rounds with my opponent ( you score by completing rounds or knockdowns on World Champ).. its a cracking game with a good light show on the BG... ill see if I can shoot a video

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 11:21:26 PM »

Of course I play them! That's what they are here for.
As for challenging... id say a game on a woodie is far more challenging than any DMD.. objectives will never be too complicated and the idea is always to get SPECIAL and rack up a game or two or extra balls. Ball times are short and you have to react fast. WORLD CHAMP has 2" flippers that are quite wide apart and they can be a real ball drain monster but in all honesty, ive only had one game so far where the balls have drained way too fast and ive managed to go 4 rounds with my opponent ( you score by completing rounds or knockdowns on World Champ).. its a cracking game with a good light show on the BG... ill see if I can shoot a video
yes please, I thought as much that the challenge is more so with aiming and trying to keep the ball in play. Dmd's are so much more forgiving and can make any ordinary player look pretty good. Oldies set the men from the boys id imagine, not that I have played anything pre 1980 for a very long time.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
Very nice Gavin, for pins of such age they look remarkable.  True time capsules, indeed!