Author Topic: Williams Hot Tip (EM)  (Read 3656 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Williams Hot Tip (EM)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 01:54:59 AM »
Pretty sure I checked this, but will check again.

After doing some reading, I will also check the bonus unit and the bonus unit zero position. Where is the bonus unit located? Not the same as the Match Unit?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 09:04:33 AM »
Didn't get very far last night, but the problem has now been centred around the Player Unit in the backbox. It is all seized up with hard grease and will have to firstly pull it apart and clean it so that everything runs smoothly again. Have been reading that if this isn't working freely, the game won't operate.

I also had another hit of the ball and the GI lighting died. Something more to fix on the game now.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
It's now the weekend again and in between digging up the front yard today, I was in the garage and trying to get Hot Tip working. Pulled the Player Unit apart (the gunked up greasy bits) and cleaned all the grease off so it now ran smoothly. Also adjusted the spring. Put everything back together and despite the Player Unit working better, the ball is still not being ejected from the trough.

The wires are connected to the switch and the switch is making contact when there is a ball there. Doesn't make any difference if I press the switch with my finger.

Any suggestions from here?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
Now we need this part of the schematics...

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 11:59:14 PM »
I have the schematics in front of me, but it's like reading French. "Oooh, that word is familiar.......the rest of it, not so much!"

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »
If you can find the OUTHOLE SWITCH , scan the area and post here, we can tell you where to look

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 01:18:14 AM »
Here's the outhole section.

Thanks,
Adam.

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 09:29:17 AM »
I would start here first.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:34:29 AM by oldpins »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Yep.. start at the switch as Oldpins suggests... it goes through your Bonus Unit.... known problems here already?

After that id be looking at the OUTHOLE RELAY... double switch here.. needs to be making contact with one side when coil isn't actuated and then the other when it is.. should only be touching one side at a time... give this a clean and make sure contacts are good

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
Thanks for your help, guys.

Another day in the garden, but will no doubt be back and forth to the pinball machine.

I checked the bonus unit and all wires seemed to be attached securely and if I move the wheel by hand, the bonus lights cycle on the playfield. If I start a game, the Bonus Unit will reset back to zero ok.

I have noticed that when the start button is pressed, the machine resets score reels and the bonus unit and before everything stops, the Coin Relay releases and then finally the Reset Relay.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »
Just a thought, hows the tilt switch??

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »
Wow, so frustrating now. I'll bet it is something obvious and I just can't pinpoint the problem.

Checked the Tilt Relay and the Outhole Relay and to me, I can't see anything that is obviously wrong. Checked all wires are soldered on and gave the contacts a light sand to get any black off them.

Will continue to look at the startup sequence and the schematic.

The only thing I haven't done is checked the outhole coil by taking the apron off. Have tugged on wires underneath playfield and can see that they are on the coil, but it wouldn't hurt to check properly.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 12:13:57 PM »
I might be able to give you a hand. Two heads better than one. Give me a call

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »

Have had a few nights break from this machine. Will hopefully look at it with new eyes when I work on it next. Every spare moment seemed to be consumed with getting this machine kicking out a ball.

Would love your help, Dan, next time you're in town. Two heads are definitely better than one when it comes to pinball I reckon. We can have a few games of Metallica to sweeten up the deal. haha

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »

Have had a few nights break from this machine. Will hopefully look at it with new eyes when I work on it next. Every spare moment seemed to be consumed with getting this machine kicking out a ball.

Would love your help, Dan, next time you're in town. Two heads are definitely better than one when it comes to pinball I reckon. We can have a few games of Metallica to sweeten up the deal. haha

Cheers!
Adam.

Not a problem,  may be in town friday from 4:30-6:00pm .