Author Topic: Still Looking!  (Read 5682 times)

Offline mickeyboy52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Still Looking!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »

At least I've bought a couple of decent records lately- Yardbirds and the Saints.

Excellent!!  Always happy to hear of fellow vinyl collectors.
I have maybe 2500+ records on my shelves.  I still buy all my new music on vinyl too!

Last purchase for me was Tom Waits - Small Change & The Who - Live at Leeds

Wow, that's some collection. I have about 200 which were all bought new between 1967 and late 80s. Nothing beats the sound of vinyl especially ones made from early 80s onwards. I sometimes play a vinyl after playing the same CD you really notice where digital sound lacks the warmth and richness of vinyl. On a good sound system, vinyl cranked up is like attending the real concert.
I remember reading somewhere that a company in Melbourne produces new material on vinyl for about $30. Where do you get your new material from?
I very seldom buy new. The last few new ones were Stevie Ray Vaughn with Albert King "In Session" (from Amazon before their postage went up), Travelling Wilbury's Box set from ebay on a day that everyone else was sleeping. As I recall, it only cost $31.00. Almost forgot, Fleetwood Mac Live at The Boston Tea Party 1970. Also have Eddie Boyd's 7936 South Rhodes with Peter Green's F/Mac. Was very excited when I found a Peter Green "Man of the World Anthology on Discogs from Italy.Am right into the La De Das, Saints, Greg Quill and Dutch Tilders at the moment. Picked up a few at a garage sale this morning: Led Zep 2,3 &4, Dylan's greatest vol 2,who's Next, Aqualung and Ziggy Stardust. Had them all but at 50 cents each why not!