Author Topic: Another Addams issue - My fault!  (Read 378 times)

Offline Diggler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Another Addams issue - My fault!
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:05:06 AM »
Hi,
Well was working on figuring out the lazy flipper issue and decided to swap the sleeves on 2 coils, issue is in doing so ripped the wires off the good solenoid! Trouble is I soldered the wires (power and common the wrong way round, it blew fuse F102.....but also blew the second new fuse after repairing the wiring issue!

Any suggestions!

Digs

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: Another Addams issue - My fault!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 07:32:44 AM »
Dead diode perhaps?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Dead diode perhaps?

+1

Also may have caused damage on the Fliptronics board.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
My advice FWIW - stop being so tight, order two full rebuild kits - $32.50 for two flipper kits and replace ALL the wearing mechanical parts and be done with it.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_38_73&products_id=406&osCsid=c786357be0cdf08b6ff613087b8221f2

You really don't need the grief you will have unless you do this once and for all.

With wiring if you are not 100% certain DO NOT TURN THE MACHINE ON until you can confirm things. If you can't cornfirm wiring DON'T switch on.

By being a cheapskate you have likely caused much more damage and the repair bill will be much higher - you will also STILL HAVE sluggish flippers after spending $100 to repair the damage you caused.

There are no shortcuts with this - do it properly the first time.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »
My advice FWIW - stop being so tight, order two full rebuild kits - $32.50 for two flipper kits and replace ALL the wearing mechanical parts and be done with it.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_38_73&products_id=406&osCsid=c786357be0cdf08b6ff613087b8221f2

You really don't need the grief you will have unless you do this once and for all.

With wiring if you are not 100% certain DO NOT TURN THE MACHINE ON until you can confirm things. If you can't cornfirm wiring DON'T switch on.

By being a cheapskate you have likely caused much more damage and the repair bill will be much higher - you will also STILL HAVE sluggish flippers after spending $100 to repair the damage you caused.

There are no shortcuts with this - do it properly the first time.

I tend to agree if for no other reason than I hate pulling flipper mechs apart so doing it more than once (swapping bits around) is realy annoying

Offline Diggler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:58 PM »
Well I've bought new flipper re-build kits and guess what the right flipper is raised when I turn on the power, double and tripple checked the wiring before switching on, even against a picture. Is this a symptom of the control board or something else?

Digs

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »
Will be a shorted transistor on the fliptronics board.. caused from when you had the wiring to the coil wrong.

Also if you haven't already done so, i'd be replacing the diode(s) on the flipper coil in question as well.