Author Topic: Wizard of OZ pinball Review  (Read 6305 times)

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
Wizard of OZ pinball Review
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »
Here is a Review from Classic Game Room.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Wizard of OZ pinball Review
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »
Nice and honest review. The lights and theme killed RoboCop in the end.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
LOL...........

For those that havent watched the clip - this guy nails a few things........at these time markers

1.30  - "if the sun ever burns out they could launch a few of these things into orbit to light the Earth"
he aint wrong - I recall commenting on how EVERY SINGLE insert was ALWAYS on and it was ridicoulous.

1.48 - "normally when I play a machine I aim at the blinky things, this poses a problem on Woz because EVERYTHING is blinking"

2.08 - "Changing from BW to colour would have really WOWED people in 1939 - I think this thing is trying to be the most obnoxious pinball machine ever made"

2.45 ( after again going through all the 'blinky things and how many there are )  - " on top of that my eyes have spots now so I am now seeing double the blinky things ! "

4.54 - "I question if they did any market research at all"

I love this guy  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »
Aaah yes.. RGB LED... just because you can doesn't mean you have to.
We have had a full restoration done in City Hall here... they skinned the inside of the ceiling off and backlit it with RGB LED... its like puking up a rainbow... ugliest thing ive ever seen.
I thought the 80's were gawdy....man think again!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 12:24:30 AM »
Aaah yes.. RGB LED... just because you can doesn't mean you have to.
We have had a full restoration done in City Hall here... they skinned the inside of the ceiling off and backlit it with RGB LED... its like puking up a rainbow... ugliest thing ive ever seen.
I thought the 80's were gawdy....man think again!
true words, just cuz you have access to something does not mean you should use it or worse go overboard with it. I suppose we could put in a nuclear reactor but would it improve game play?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »

" - I think this thing is trying to be the most obnoxious pinball machine ever made"

:lol :lol :lol

Tend to agree - and I agree with him - watching Robocop looks like more fun (and I recorded it on Foxtel yesterday, looks like something to do while it continues to rain)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 11:49:41 PM »
I think more of us seem to be paying out on this game since Mr JJ decided to install another super LLLLLE. Up to that point people had their gripes and opinions but we were happy to accept that these guys like us love pinball and yes it is their first go and so on..... since then however as we now approach another le most can see this is predominately cash driven. Now people are saying what they really think. This game is a turd. It hasn't helped that JJ has been getting around presuming everyone thinks what they do that this machine is the messiah of pinball, and also the price increase.

I liked in the game room review the mention of the led screen too. Its interesting how stern have reacted to it. I really like how they have slightly changed the dmd on start trek but left it dmd. Interesting to know whether it was from experience and more expert opinion, money driven, or stern giving JJ the middle finger by leaving the beloved dmd untouched.

I think the Toto in the basket figurine has tipped it for most of us.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
I think more of us seem to be paying out on this game since Mr JJ decided to install another super LLLLLE. Up to that point people had their gripes and opinions but we were happy to accept that these guys like us love pinball and yes it is their first go and so on..... since then however as we now approach another le most can see this is predominately cash driven. Now people are saying what they really think. This game is a turd. It hasn't helped that JJ has been getting around presuming everyone thinks what they do that this machine is the messiah of pinball, and also the price increase.

I liked in the game room review the mention of the led screen too. Its interesting how stern have reacted to it. I really like how they have slightly changed the dmd on start trek but left it dmd. Interesting to know whether it was from experience and more expert opinion, money driven, or stern giving JJ the middle finger by leaving the beloved dmd untouched.

I think the Toto in the basket figurine has tipped it for most of us.

Maybe.. but I think it was that we wanted this to live up to its promises.. innovative, fresh, new direction but with a lame theme. The constant delays really put the kybosh on this until we were in the end sick of hearing about the game.... I got so bored with it with never having seen one..Mind you.. that is a first so I guess some sort of promise was kept!!
Then the deposits for Hobbit before any WOZ were released etc etc etc.. then Bumper debacle... oh my god, WOZ fizzled out ages ago for me.. its just another machine now that should have happened.. could have happened but never did.

The ball keeps rolling.. and it went past WOZ a long time ago

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »
Still don't regret pulling out

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 09:16:09 PM »
anyone in Australia bought one directly from JJP and received it yet ?

I know ANT was doing that n a few others.

any feedback from Aussie owners who have one in their aussie house ??  !@# !@#  anyone really liking it ??
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »
Still don't regret pulling out

I regret playing it.
Yuk!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"