Author Topic: Flipper Caps Mod - "Tyre Tread" design  (Read 5222 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: New mod for a Car theme pin - Flipper Caps - Tyre Tread
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »
I got these ideas spinning around in my head and just have to try out a few, this one is basically what I am calling - flipper caps. They are a themed cover for the top of your flipper bat, that just allows a little character to be added without making the flipper look out of proportion but very easily removable.

The first one is a car themed flipper cover that only extends past the profile of your flipper by around 1.5mm all around. It has a recess in the underside for the W logo on some bats so the cap sits flat and one small piece of double sided tape holds the cap securely in place. These are easy to pop off if you need to change a rubber and back on again - though I can't guarantee if the tape may remove the finish on some of those newer chrome finish bats.

So this one is a sports tyre tread flipper cap in the new tyre look or the dusty road driven look, and if anyone is interested they are $15 a set and should suit car themed pins or a pin with cars in it like Highspeed, Taxi, Corvette, CFTBL etc. If you get a dusty road driven look set and like the new look, just hold a flame lightly against the tread and it will gloss up and a light sand and you have the reverse look. Postage will be $2.60 and tape will be fitted ready for you to install - in a total of 10 seconds.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:16:55 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts