Author Topic: Ouch that hurts  (Read 127 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Ouch that hurts
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:54:38 PM »
Had my flash over a year now and haven't clocked it. Got my best ever score of 975000 in the first week of owning it and have been trying hard ever since. It's set on 5 balls.
Well tonight should have been the night. 875000 on the first ball (to be honest that included 2 extra balls that I won).
Anyway you probably all know where this is going next 4 balls I choked.... 4 draino's for a grand total of 925000.  ^&^

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Ouch that hurts
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
Had my flash over a year now and haven't clocked it. Got my best ever score of 975000 in the first week of owning it and have been trying hard ever since. It's set on 5 balls.
Well tonight should have been the night. 875000 on the first ball (to be honest that included 2 extra balls that I won).
Anyway you probably all know where this is going next 4 balls I choked.... 4 draino's for a grand total of 925000.  ^&^

A characteristic feature of all SR machines. Some balls are pure bliss and other balls you barely get a flipper near them. One day someone will record the game play and get a computer to analyse the play and find out what shots are better than others.  On Flash, I tend to keep shooting the spinner with the left flipper, especially when the bumpers are lit. That gives you good points and multiplier chances. The right 2 flippers are better for the 3 bank targets to quickly amass Super Flash. These 2 are safer shots. Danger is using the left flipper for the 3 bank or right flipper for 5 bank targets as a rebound will most certainly drain in the outlanes from a bad bounce.
My biggest gripe with Flash is clocking past 999, 990 as the high score is not gyiven.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Ouch that hurts
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
Man that really sucks.   So close yet so far make sure you let the ball drain before you clock the display